How to be connected to a TSC officer?

TXLL

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone share their successful stories of how to be connected to a TSC officer, instead of being transfer to an information officer?

Thanks!

I-485 RD: 4/2002

Once you listen to the status of your case (via the 800 number) there will be a prompt to press 3 for more options. From the next menu that you hear, there is an option to press if you believe your case has been separated. (There are a few other options as well. I've used the separated option so I know it works). Pressing this will connect you to a TSC officer. A couple of things to remember:

1. Don't press an option unless your case falls into one of the options available. That is, don't press the option for a separated case, and then ask the officer something totally unrelated once he gets on the phone. It's not going to make for a pleasant phone call.
2. Remember the time zone of TSC. While the 800 number officers become available at 8am EST, the Texas people won't be available until about 9am EST. (due to the time difference). Pressing an option above will bounce you to a customer service rep if the TSC is not yet open. (and the customer rep is useless).

Regards

Rav

ravioli_21_99 said:
1. Don't press an option unless your case falls into one of the options available. That is, don't press the option for a separated case, and then ask the officer something totally unrelated once he gets on the phone. It's not going to make for a pleasant phone call.

What happened?

That statement was made based on what I've read when people have done it. They usually got chewed out and told to get lost. (and who knows what the officer does once you're off the phone).

In my case, I was really calling about a separated application. He confirmed that it appears the case was separated and he was going to contact a supervisor to retrieve the file and complete it. (This was yesterday so I don't yet know the result)

Regards

Rav

good advice rav- I too managed to talk to an officer about my separated case and they were friendly and helpful. As said though, I understand they are less than helpful if you are calling for other reasons.

Good luck rav- fingers crossed for luck :)

What is a "separated case"? Are we talking family filing together? Please clarify.

Thanks

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for sharing the information. I guess I won't be able to take advantage of those steps, because I can't get status from the option. I always get "due to temporary system problem..."

Appreciate all of your advice. It's very nice of you taking time to share those with us.

TXLL

A separated case is a family that filed together and some of the applicants have been approved, and others have not. In my case, four of us were approved but my one son's application is still pending.

Rav

Rav: Thank you for the response. How long one should wait before calling? Thank you very much.

I waited one week, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't call after a day or two. They should all be approved together.

Regards

Rav

There are a lot of people who can't get to that option because of error message. Has anyone able to find a fix for this?

ned- sorry, I don't know a way to fix this- have you tried faxing the NSC? they might be ble to update the case status, then you could get through.

Rak67, in case you have not done so, call as soon as you want. The national customer service told me I had to wait for a month after spouse approval before launching case inquiry- I waited a month then rather than file and inquiry I spoke to TSC officer- they told me I had been approved the same day- so I wasted a month waiting- and now another 14 days for passport stamping (or whatever they will do), so call ASAP. The TSC people are nice and will at least be able to tell you what is going on, or refer your case to a supervisor.

good luck :)

189 card

jacquelina, did you have a chance to meet TSC officer in person, in the service center,did you receieve any approval mails so far.I am still holding on my spouse's case.