how to be a physican

faten

Registered Users (C)
Actually usa2004, told me to post my question here. i don't know why?

I am a medical assistant, and i want to be a physican .

Can i apply to pre-med school easly?

these are the steps

1. write the SAT
2. Apply to undergraduate science (BS) programs with a pre med focus - 4 years
3. write the MCAT(medical College Admission Test)
4. Apply to med school 4years
5. residency (depending on chosen specialty 3-7 years)

Hi,

Where are you in the educational pocess? Do you already have an undergraduate degree (four year degree) from a foreign country?

If you do not, then you need to apply for admission to a college in the United States. You start by taking the SAT or the ACT (the admission tests used by the vast majority of American colleges). You then fill out an admission application to the schools you want to go. Most likely they will ask you to get official copies of your high school transcript from back home. You also fill out the FAFSA form to get scholarships and loans to pay for your studies.

After you get into a college, you should study hard and get good grades. Good grades are a must for medical schools (at least a B+ average at a good college and for other colleges an A average). Medical schools will require you to take certain courses (one year of general chemistry, one year of math, one year of organic chemistry, one year of physics, one year of biology and one semester of English). To be a serious candidate for medical school, you should take more than the minimum science courses. In particular, take upper level courses in biology and biochemistry.

get to know professors who can write strong recommendations for you.

You also need to score high on the Medical College Admission Test (which should not be too hard if you study).

Also, medical schools want you to do something more than just studying all day long. Experiences like working in a hospital or otherwise interacting with patients are necessary. Many successful applicants have had major research experiences in a lab.

When the time comes to apply to medical school, you fill out an appication through a national clearinghouse and designate the schools you want to apply to. If a school believes that your credentials meet its criteria you will be invited (at your expense) to an interview with the admission committee. They will make a decision after the interview. Very few applicants get admitted to medical schools. The admit rate at my school when I applied was less than 3%.

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY GOD.............

ok ,,, I took my certificate in medical assistant from an institute in NY.
I have a copy NOT the original high school diploma.

I have GED from the same institute. Does the GED help in this case?