How to argue your company's rival can take advantage

pixpax

Registered Users (C)
NIW gurus,

I am struggling in finding a way to argue that my work can benifit my company's rival. Anyone can shed some light?

Pix

leroythelion said:
More info, please.

I am in computational mechanics field. I am working on improving the speed an accuracy for our product. Most of my work certainly cannot be published.

I can say that because of my work, the customers (some are government agencies) can have a better product, then can save money, time, lives, blah, blah...

But in one case I read that CIS dennied the case saying that "it is not clear how the competitors can benefit from the petitioner's work". I am struggling because our rivals will likely suffer a big time because of my work (their customers will switch to us because the improvement in our product).

pixpax said:
I am in computational mechanics field. I am working on improving the speed an accuracy for our product. Most of my work certainly cannot be published.

I can say that because of my work, the customers (some are government agencies) can have a better product, then can save money, time, lives, blah, blah...

But in one case I read that CIS dennied the case saying that "it is not clear how the competitors can benefit from the petitioner's work". I am struggling because our rivals will likely suffer a big time because of my work (their customers will switch to us because the improvement in our product).

Do you have evidence that your product will be better than the one from your competitor ? Since you are working in industry where most things are covered by patents which obviously don't disclose everything, how do you know that your competitor is not working on improvements which are far more superior than yours ? And as far as I understand you are working on improvements on your product but you are not finished yet ?

honkman said:
Do you have evidence that your product will be better than the one from your competitor ? Since you are working in industry where most things are covered by patents which obviously don't disclose everything, how do you know that your competitor is not working on improvements which are far more superior than yours ? And as far as I understand you are working on improvements on your product but you are not finished yet ?

If everything had been finished I would have been fired :p Also US should have kicked me out because I am finished, useless for US anymore :eek:

Improvement is significant. I have evidence to show that the product is better than the competitor's. Of course it is not "far more superior" (else there won't be any competitor). Industry has many standard benchmarks to do the evaluation. When bidding for an important contract, every company will show the best it has. So if our best is better than their best ...

Hey, still no one dropped a line on how to argue the competitor can benifit :(

Unless you can get some independent experts to testify on your behalf, I really don't see how you can win this particular argument in the eyes of USCIS.

pixpax said:
Hey, still no one dropped a line on how to argue the competitor can benifit :(

I think is pretty hard to prove because somebody independent has to evaluate you and your competitor and say that your company is far superior than the competitor and even more important you are critical for this success. I can hardly see how you can get people outside of your company who are able to evaluate your impact on the program and you really need independent referees.