How to apply for iEAD @ San Jose

bigshot

Registered Users (C)
hello friends,
      i am planning to apply for iEAD@SJ,coming week as it\'s more than 90days since i applied for my EAD.
any pointers like docs/application/photos/fees(check or cashier check)/time to go etc will be very useful to me...

thanks a lot.

my experience

1) docs
- copy of I-765 receipt (copy is acceptable at San Jose.)
- photo ID (such as Driver License)
- I brong copy of I-485 receipt and passport, too,
-- but they seemed not mandatory.
2) application
- You must submit new I-765 application.
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-765.pdf
3) photos
- You doesn\'t need to bring your photos.
- Your photo will be taken at the INS office,
-- your fingerprint and signature, too.
4) fees(check or cashier check)
- No Fee ( .. for my case)
5) time
- It depends.
- See my detail experience as follows:
kashmir "iEAD for L2 at San Jose Local Office experience" 6/16/02 2:44am

Last edited by a moderator:
About timing.

I have been there last Wed. and Friday, and the following is what I found about timing.(All my materials were prepared by company lawyer.)
I received the materials on Wed. noon, and decide to go to San Jose INS immediately to get it done. When I got there, it is about 2:25, and they did not accept my case, said it is too late. They close at 3PM. Thursday, they close at 12PM.
So, I tried Friday. I decided to devote the whole day on this thing. I got there 7:40AM, and there are about 150 people in line. Waited until 9:30 to get into the lobby, and was assigned number 94. At that moment, they are processing iEAD # 48.
At about noon time, they only processed to #71. I went home and have a noon snap. Got back to INS center at about 1:15PM, and they processed to #84. Looks like, they speeded up quite a bit after 12PM. Eventually, I got my done at 2:30PM.
If you want to save time on this thing, get there around 12PM, and they will still accept your case. Then you don\'t need to wait there in line, and at most in 3 hours, you should get your iEAD card. For me, it took 7 hours.