How to apply for EAD by myself.(HELP)

may0503

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I want to file for EAD by myself. I have applied for my I-485 at NSC center. If any of you have applied for EAD recently please let me know which is the better option (mailing or e-filing). If by mailing where should we send the packet. I saw the form on the web site and there is one that is expiring on 30-APR-05 (tomorrow) where can I get the latest or that is valid if I apply after 30-APR-05.Please let me know all the details needed for applying at NSC.

Thanks,

Hi may0503
:)
Use this URL and download the PDF version of I-765.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-765.htm

Based on your residential address, the INS mailing address will change.
Use USPS for mailing with tracking number. The check should be payable to
"INS" for $175 per application.
Check your bank account
for the CIS application fee transaction. In the back of the check image you
can find out the application receipt number.
Once you received your receipt from USCIS, You have to take appoinment
for BIOMETRIC(INDEX FINGER PRINT, DIGITAL SIGNATURE, PHOTOGRAPHY).

Use the covering letter given below and include all the
applicable copies as given order.
ORIGINAL SUBMISSION FOR EAD RENEWAL.

From
XXXXXXXXX

To
The Officer
U.S.Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O.Box 805887,
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Respected Sir/Madam

Subject: Renewal application for Employment Authorization (EAD)
Ref: “uscis.gov” website
I am applying for my EAD Renewal. I am enclosing the following for your perusal.

1) A personal check for $175 as application Fee.
2) Completed Form I-765.
3) 2 color photos.
4) Color copy of EAD card front & back.
5) Copy of I-94 card front & back.
6) Copy of driver license.
7) Copy of I-140 approval notice.
8) Copy of I-485 receipt notice.
9) Copy of marriage certificate.
10) Color copy of Passport pages.

Thanking you.

ABC XYZ

Date: 03/23/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ix470001 and v_rkumar32,

Thanks for responding to my request.

I have two more questions.

1. I live in California but my I-485 was filed at NSC based on the employer and previously I remember that my attorney sent my EAD application to a address in Nebreska. So now do I have to send to the IL address that you have posted.

2. Even after sending the application by mail, do I have to go for the bio-metrics as you have mentioned.

Thanks,

may0503 said:
Thanks for responding to my request.

I have two more questions.

1. I live in California but my I-485 was filed at NSC based on the employer and previously I remember that my attorney sent my EAD application to a address in Nebreska. So now do I have to send to the IL address that you have posted.

Depending on your answer to the question on the i-765 form question #16 "...Eligibility", you can ascertain where you need to file; if you are like most of us (c(9) category) "applying EAD on a pending I-485", you need to file which service center your I-485 is pending or the local office (if your I485 was transferred to that local office).

My I-485 is pending at NSC so I send my EAD application there...

2. Even after sending the application by mail, do I have to go for the bio-metrics as you have mentioned.

I have not seen any change in the requirement for EAD, only for eFile EAD but this is not required but for paper-base EADc
Thanks,

v_rkumar32 said:
Hi may0503
The check should be payable to
"INS" for $175 per application.

INS no longer exists. The check should be made payable to DHS (Department of Homeland Security).

Agree with other points, except that color copies are not mandatory. CLEAR black and white copies will do just fine.

Send application to NSC.

Hi All

Please download the new version of I-765 and read the first page for
mailing address instruction.
My I-485 processing center is NSC. I applied my 3rd EAD on March 25/2005
by mail. I got receipt notice dated April 7th. Gave Biometric on April 21st.

One of my college got an RFE for EAD requesting for color photo id's. Also
my attorney strongly suggested me sending color copies to avoid some RFE.

I just copied the first page of the application here below.
EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 1, 2004
DIRECT MAIL INSTRUCTIONS FOR PERSONS FILING FORM I-765

If you live in one of these states or territories, please read this notice to determine your filing location:
ALABAMA, ARIZONA, ARKANSAS, COLORADO, CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, FLORIDA,
GEORGIA, HAWAII, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, KENTUCKY, LOUISIANA, MAINE, MASSACHUSETTS,
MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSISSIPPI, NEVADA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK,
NORTH CAROLINA, NORTH DAKOTA, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, SOUTH
CAROLINA, SOUTH DAKOTA, TENNESSEE, UTAH, VERMONT, VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA,
WISCONSIN, WYOMING, AS WELL AS THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, GUAM, PUERTO RICO,
AND THE VIRGIN ISLANDS OF THE UNITED STATES
The mailing address has changed for certain applicants living in the locations above, and filing under
certain categories – please review the list below to determine if you should use this direct mail address.
This affects aliens residing in the locations above who are filing Form I-765, seeking employment
authorization under 8 CFR 274a.12 in the following categories:
• (a)(10)—Aliens granted Withholding of Removal;
• (c)(9)—Aliens filing a family-based application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) who are presently
required to file with the USCIS local office having jurisdiction over their place of residence;
• (c)(10)—Aliens granted Suspension of Deportation who are required to file with the USCIS Service Center
having jurisdiction;
• (c)(11)—Aliens who are paroled into the United States temporarily for emergency reasons or the public
interest;
• (c)(14)—Aliens granted deferred action, except those aliens who have been granted deferred action based
upon (1) an approved Form I-360 (as a battered spouse or child of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent
resident), (2) a pending bona fide application for T nonimmigrant status, or (3) U nonimmigrant status
interim relief;
• (c)(16)—Aliens who are filing for creation of record of lawful admission for permanent residence under
section 249 of the Act; and
• (c)(18)—Aliens granted an Order of Supervision;
These aliens must submit their Form I-765, and all supporting evidence to the Chicago Lockbox Facility
listed below.
The Direct Mail address for the aliens mentioned above, seeking employment authorization is:
U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120
Or, for non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g. private couriers):
U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: FBASI
427 S. LaSalle – 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60605-1098

Hi

I just applied for the EAD about one month ago. I found the e-filing is much easier. You don't need to take picture on your own - so they can't say your picture isn't good from immigration.
Once you filed it online, you can call the phone number to scedule an appointment for fingerprint, digital photo etc. It only takes few days for the appointment. I guess it depends on how busy the office is.
I lived in illinois before so the I-485 application is filed in Nebraska. You should file your EAD application to where your I-485 application is.
One more thing, I sent the slip that is attached with your last EAD approval when they sent you the card. According to them, it will speed up your application which I don't know it's true or not.
FYI, I e-file my application on March 28 and got an approval email last week.

Luck4321

Hi luck4321,

Can you tell me how to do the e-filing and do we need to send the documents in mail later based on the e-filing.

Thanks,