How to apply for AC21? Am I eligible?

artusa

Registered Users (C)
HI Gurus ,

My case: pending 485 for last 11months. I140 approved 3 months ago.
Will be Working on EAD. H1 expired 1 month ago. Was working on EAD for last 1 month.

Got laid off from my current company today. Need to know how to file for AC21. Should I connect with Rajiv for filing AC 21? Do you guys have any recommendations on what to look for when filing ac21?

What parameters should I be looking for when I sign up with new company? Does it have to be a permanent job - can some one please define permanent job for me.

Thank you for all ur help in advance.
:confused:

artusa said:
HI Gurus ,

My case: pending 485 for last 11months. I140 approved 3 months ago.
Will be Working on EAD. H1 expired 1 month ago. Was working on EAD for last 1 month.

Got laid off from my current company today. Need to know how to file for AC21. Should I connect with Rajiv for filing AC 21? Do you guys have any recommendations on what to look for when filing ac21?

What parameters should I be looking for when I sign up with new company? Does it have to be a permanent job - can some one please define permanent job for me.

Thank you for all ur help in advance.
:confused:
Yes, you are eligible for AC21.
All of these questions have already been answered, read the stick threads in this forum to find out all the answers. Here is link to one of the threads:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=153407

Unemployment benefits during layoff on EAD

Thanx Eric for the response.
I have some followup questions
Can I get the unemployment benefits from the state after being laid off?(employer says I am eligible for it). Will that tip off the uscis ? I 485 is pending adjucation and i am in eb2 category.
How long can I stay unemployed without having any issues with the gc process?
thx

artusa said:
Thanx Eric for the response.
I have some followup questions
Can I get the unemployment benefits from the state after being laid off?(employer says I am eligible for it). Will that tip off the uscis ? I 485 is pending adjucation and i am in eb2 category.
Being eligible for unemployment benifit does not mean anything. Some people were getting unemployment benifit even on H1. Do not get the unemployment benifit before getting your GC, this may create a problem for you.
How long can I stay unemployed without having any issues with the gc process?
thx
Do not stay unemployed, even 1 week or may be 1 day of unemployment can create a problem for your. Remember, AC21 covers you in case of change of employer, not in the case of unemployment.