How to apply EAD for my wife at Boston (Local INS office)? Please help....

Pacha Attai

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I am the primary applicant. We applied 485 for my wife as my dependent. We didn\'t apply EAD for
her with 485 application.

My wife is on H1. And her employer is not supporting(giving salary) her anymore.

I got the receipt for her. Now, How to apply EAD for her at the local INS office (Boston)?

What are the constraints? What are the documents needed? Does anyone know the location (address)
of Boston INS office.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Pachai Attai.

No Title

You need to download the form I-765 from the INS website, fill it up and takes 2) your I485 receipt(a copy but bring the original if asked), 3) copy of yr I-94 4) Money order for $100. 4) All her passports old and new which have US Visa stamps. It is also better to take a copy of the 485 packet and all documentation to show that she has been in status all tro her stay.

If you get there before 7 am you could be out by 8 with the card. The office is in the JFK building in the Govt center complex in Boston. You have to go to room E-160. Best of luck. It is closed one Friday of the month I think it is the 3rd friday they do not mention on the website

Super1966

Did the officer ask you any questions? i.e. why you need EAD while you still have a valid H1B etc?

Photos are not required?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

No Title

The officer was irritable but did not ask to see any papers. They take yr photo right there give you the EAD in 10 mins