How soon is the IL?

Latin101

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Could you share how soon you received your IL after receiving the yellow letter? My DO is Philadelphia, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Thanks. That helps. It looks like it's been picking up in recent months. Would a month be a ballpark counting from yellow letter receiving date (FP done)?

Latin101,
Your online status changed to "sent for interview". Oftentimes, USCIS would mail stuff out days after so you should have your interview letter within a few days.

Thanks. That helps. It looks like it's been picking up in recent months. Would a month be a ballpark counting from yellow letter receiving date (FP done)?

There are no fixed timeline between IL and YL. I think YL process is a process parallel to the interview scheduling process so that YL is not prerequisite to
IL. Therefore for some YL come before IL and for others IL come before YL. So if you get your YL, then you can expect to get IL any time from now on.
There are 50% chance you will get yoru IL in next week and 90% chance you get it in the next two weeks.

My experience suggests that there is no link between YL and IL. Majority of the folks received IL within 6 weeks of giving FP. Few received it after 2 to 3 months gap and mine, after 4 months gap. One thing I can tell for sure is, IL depends on how fast NBC center receives FBI feedback and how quickly they can retrieve your A# file. They need these two before they transfer your case to local DO. In my case, A# file is the problem and they waited for 4 months to issue IL, that too after contacting local Senator's office. Offcourse, my A# file is still missing even after the interview.

Philadephia is 4/6 weeks of scheduled FP time. It is not the fastest, but not the slowest either...

Thanks guys for the great answers (by the way, the "December tracker" thread sucks. I never got any question answered there. :mad:) It sounds to me that the LUD status change to "Testing and Interview" is a more meaningful milestone. I assume when the LUD changes the FBI check has been done and one's files are being/have been transferred to the local office? So, from that point on, if as someone pointed out it would take 1-2 weeks to receive the IL, that would be awsome. I certainly hope so!

I got it! It IS as WBH predicted. I got the interview letters in a week or so after LUD changed to "Testing and Interviewing". Thanks guys!