How soon can I apply?

dgarstang

Registered Users (C)
Sorry if this is documented somewhere.

I've been a permanent resident since September 2004. How soon can I apply for citizenship? I heard you could apply about 6 months before your 5 year green card anniversary. Is that still the case? How long are N-400's taking at the moment? - Doug.

I`m a GC holder and collecting money from employment, after get laid off. Should I apply for naturalization N400 without any problems or this is a big issue?

dgarstang what is your residency since date on your I-551, I will give you the exact date you can file.

i-551 Is the official term for your PRC/ARC (permanent resident card, alien resident card) which we all refer to now in general terms as GC. If your not applying under marriage your date for the earliest possible time of filing is 6/14/09. Please remember that the date they received it is the date they are basing it on not the post mark date. To be on the safest end possible I would put ur mail in the mail on the date I mentioned to forgo the risk of it arriving one day to early which can end with with your application being rejected back to you.