How should I process my case?

Nimche

Registered Users (C)
I got married on May, 2004 in overseas based on my Green Card. We have been waiting since then. I apply I-130 on behalf of her with my Green Card.
I have just applied for my citizenship, what is my next step after I get my Naturalization Certificate?
- I know I have to update my information by sending them a copy of NC
- Is it a good idea to file I-129F for her (K3)?
- What other forms I have to fill to get her in GC processing?

I have been reading this Froum for while and there are a lot of knowledable people among you. Please help.

I got married on May, 2004 in overseas based on my Green Card. We have been waiting since then. I apply I-130 on behalf of her with my Green Card.
I have just applied for my citizenship, what is my next step after I get my Naturalization Certificate?
- I know I have to update my information by sending them a copy of NC
- Is it a good idea to file I-129F for her (K3)?
- What other forms I have to fill to get her in GC processing?

I have been reading this Froum for while and there are a lot of knowledable people among you. Please help.

Hi! Nimche:

After you get your NC, use I-824 notify USCIS you change your status. Then you will wait for National Visa Center processing your case.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-824instr.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-824.pdf

K3 or Immigrant visa is just a different time frame. It's totally up to you. I have no comment on this one.

Affadavit Support. Form I-864.

Thanks,
When do I send the affidavit of support? And I thought that I could just send them a copy of NC attached to a letter. I didn't know I-824 is necessary.

With the exception of AOS applications where you can send all the docs in together, the best thing to do is wait for NVC to request the I-864 fee-bill and (later) the actual I-864. If you opt for I-129F instead of regular CP, the process will be different anyway.

Can I just go ahead and send them the I-864?
What is the CP?
Do you know anything about the I-129F processing?

Thank you for the info and your help.

CP is consular processing, whereby your wife would stay in her country and apply at the consulate for her permanent residency, as opposed to K3, where she comes here first on a dual intent visa K3 visa, and then adjusts status here.

Can I just go ahead and send them the I-864?

No, thats sure to confuse them! Normally when NVC requests a document, they send you a bar coded sheet of paper to attach to the documents you return. They specifically warn against sending anything without the barcode attached.

What is the CP?
Do you know anything about the I-129F processing?

CP is short for "consular processing", and it is the process whereby an intending immigrant is (hopefully) granted a DS-230 immigrant visa in their own country at an American Consulate.

The alternative would be AOS, or "adjustment of status", which is a method of obtaining LPR for someone who is already in the US. You will also seen this referred to as I-485.

An I-129F is an in-between (supposedly) faster method of getting a fiance (K-1) or spouse (K-3) to the US without having to go through a lengthy CP. My limited understanding of the process is that you submit the person's I-130, and also an I-129F. Eventually the beneficiary will be granted a K-1/K-3 visa at their local consulate, and will use that to come to the US. Once in the US, they go through regular I-485 AOS.