How should I file I-589 as nunc pro tunc

icq1980

Registered Users (C)
This is what I got from my RFE:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Evidence of record indicates that you were granted asylum in the United States as a dependent. As you were 21 years of age at the time your I-485 application was filed on Sep 20,2002, you were no longer eligible to adjust your status to permanent resident as a dependent. Service guidance requires that derivative asylees who no longer qualify as a spouse or child, be processed for asylum in their own right, " nunc pro tunc", to the date of their original grant of asylum.
Please complete a Form I-589, Application for Asylum, and return it to this office in the provided return envelope.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I have to file the I-589. The question is that I was the dependent of the original asylum and I didnt have any prosecution. Should I fill the whole form or should I just give them my biographical info. I really dont want to make up the story because the I-589 ask for it. Please help!!! Thank you!
Happy thanksgiving to all of you guys!

Just fill out the biographical questions. Do not worry about other questions. This is for the most part a formality.

My i-130 approved

Hi friends,
i have qution i just want to know if i am in the right track .
i cam to USA AS f-1 STUDENT in 2002 at that time my father was permenent resident in usa (he had green card) he applied for me as unmarrid son under 21. after 2years and 7 month i got approvel my i-30 the msg in i-30 approvel notice is "your case has been approved ..... you are not eligibale to apply for ajdustment of status at this time. so i took this i-30 to ins california . they said visa is not availble to apply for ajustment of status at this time so they give me a form i-539 (to extend /change of status ) and it comes with one i-765 employment form. after that the fillng of these forms i got letter back from INS THAT PART 2 IN EMPLOYMENT FORM IT SAYS WHAT IS UR ELIGIBLILTY TO APPLY FOR WORK PERMIT ?

MY QUTION ARE​
. WHATS MY CURRENT STATUS ? I CAM AS F-1 (VALID FOR 3 YEARS )

2- I HAVE APPLIED I-539 AND I-765 ARE THIS RIGTH FORM FOR ME TILL NUMBER OF VISA AVAILBLE FOR ME ?

3- I HAVE BEEN 3 YEARS IN USA SINCE I CAM . WILL THEY ISSUE ME WORK PERMIT ?

4- MY F1 VISA WILL EXPIR SOON ,AM I IN F-1 VISA OR MY VISA WOULD BE I-30 APROVEL ?

5 - WHAT SHOULD WRITE IN THE EMPLOYMENT -765 PART 2
QUETION 16?

by which category of eligibility ?

-A(15) (V1- V2 V3 NON IMMIGRANT )
-274a.12(a)
-274a.12(c)

I WOULD APPRECIAT TO GET THE ANSWER SOON

MY EMAIL IS KAJKOOL@HOTMAIL.COM :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
faysal

We would love brother/sister to help you in your quest, but unfortunately we don't know. I have recieved the same message as yours to apply for Nunc pro tunc in Nov. 18 and I returned it Nov. 19. I have answered all the questions in the form. On dec. 8 my case was transfered to an INS office in San fransisco; Now I am sitting tight. :D I don't know what they are gonna do with it. My case was filed my, but we divorced while the application was in file; so my advice to is just fill out the application and turn it in, and then sit tight: :D Or hire a lawyer and let him do the work :cool:
Good luck. I will update you if there is any update of my case :eek: