how often do we do fingerprinting?

chocol_03

Registered Users (C)
hi, how often to we need to do fingerprinting while pending 485?
Do we need to have biometrics everytime we renew EAD?
thank you.

fingerprints

Yes, ridiculous as it sounds you do have to do fingerprints and photos each time you renew your EAD.

I was fingerprinted twice in 3 months, once when FP expired for my pending 485, other for the EAD. I am on first name basis with ASC staff:)

thank you for the info..in that case I have to wait to get the fingerprint notice in the mail. Its been a month since I filed EAD renewal.

chocol_03 said:
thank you for the info..in that case I have to wait to get the fingerprint notice in the mail. Its been a month since I filed EAD renewal.

chocol_03,
It all depends upon how did you file ur EAD renewal i.e. if you e-filed ur EAD renewal, then only you need to wait for finger print (bio metrics) notice from USCIS, if not i.e. paper based EAD renewal filed case, you DON'T need to do finger printing.

Hope this helps,

Kvrp,
I am not sure the part about paper filing is correct. I have paper filed EAD 2times and all times I have been called for Biometrics. BTw this is my 4 th EAD renewal ( 5 in all )but second at the MSC( chicago Lock box). My case is in the local office. Do you think it is a different scenario for the cases in the local office (after interview.)

armie said:
I was fingerprinted twice in 3 months, once when FP expired for my pending 485, other for the EAD. I am on first name basis with ASC staff:)
Armie when were you finger printed for I 485. I was alos called for Code 1 recently. My 3rd FP's.
They say usually they call for the 2nd or the 3rd FP once your case is ready to be adjudicated.
Just wondering when yours was done and have you had a LUD change in your case.

Al_aos said:
Kvrp,
I am not sure the part about paper filing is correct. I have paper filed EAD 2times and all times I have been called for Biometrics. BTw this is my 4 th EAD renewal ( 5 in all )but second at the MSC( chicago Lock box). My case is in the local office. Do you think it is a different scenario for the cases in the local office (after interview.)

Al_aos,
Based on my experience (1st EAD -paper filed by attorney & 2nd/3rd/4th extn e-filed EAD (self-filed), i have mentioned the above. So far i have done BioMetircs/FPs for all of my e-filed EAD apps only,but not for the paper filed EAD (1st one). My I-485 is still pending at the same Service Center NSC from the day 1. I would imagine that you need the FP for the paper based EAD app, since your I-485 is at local office rather than one of the USCIS Service Center, assuming that your's is EB based GC rather than FB(Family based). To be frank, i have no idea about your scenario i.e. applying EAD after interview at local office.