How often do we all check online status?

Scotgirl

Registered Users (C)
I'm curious. I try to limit myself to once in the morning and once in the afternoon but it's very difficult. Sometimes I think it would be easier if the online status wasn't available - then I wouldn't obssess quite so much!

It seems though that a lot of people have their status changed in the afternoon so I guess it is a good thing to keep checking. Very frustrating though.

I know a person who saw his approval message at late evening, ( message didn't change earlier that evening), you need to add one more time before you go to sleep.

Morning, Noon and Night. Can even miss the morning coffee but not this. And not only the INS web-site, but this one, and a couple of other ones to see the rate (or lack thereof) of any progress.

All this, and my date is not even close: Jan (or is it Feb) 2003.

Geez, if I had your Notice Date, I would be checking it every other minute, if permitted.

Yeah, I guess I check it quite a lot - just randomly throughout the day. Probably only twice though. I'm trying to cut back :)

It's getting disheartening to still see the same old message but I shouldn't complain. There are many many people here who have been waiting longer than me.

Over a period of time, I average about 3-4 times a week. I checked a little more frequently some time back but now this is it.

Proactive scan

How about a script that reports on an hourly basis?? It'll be fairly easy to send the status message to your cell phone/email ....:D

Once a week

I check once a week- friday afternoon. I guess I am not as optimistic or maybe so anxious.

ND: 10/01/02 -> I think I have some more time to serve- I do empathize with the '01 folks still waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too

Hi,

You guys are not the only one. Even I keep doing it all the time. Could be twice a day. I guess it just gets you addicted. :D :p :)

Glad to hear I'm not alone in my addiction to checking! The strange thing is that I check this site first to see if others have been approved then go and check.

I was very good until I got my RFE. Since I know that someone has at least touched my case, I've been a bit out of control. I like the idea of only checking on a Friday afternoon but I'm not sure I have the willpower! :)

me too!!!

Today, I came to work @ 8:00 AM and right now it is 9:300 AM EST
I just checked the online status for my I765 and I485 about 5 times so far !!!

:rolleyes:

There is one

Originally posted by R2I2005
How about a script that reports on an hourly basis?? It'll be fairly easy to send the status message to your cell phone/email ....:D

it is called project anaconda ( if I am not wrong). its in the csc forum.

Probably I check most often

I set up a workstation terminal that runs a checking program in every single second. It is programmed to knock the bell if any change happens for the case numbers it stores.

Crazy? that is the way all we are

I guess I am not that active like you folks. I try not to remember my EAC number and it force myself not to check during office hours. I try to check once everyday but recently somehow it reduced to only once or twice weekly. I don't know may be I am lazy!

M

I check 3-4 times a day. What is interesting is, I have yet to see the the "approved" on the screen. I have started using this website after getting my 1st EAD, so far I got all the approval news on telephone. Now, I have I-485, 2nd EAD and 1st AP pending and I am desperately waiting to see the magic word "approved".

But again, "samay se pehle, kismat se zaada kisiko na kuchh mila hai na milega"

WIN