How much time to wait after FP?

robotina

Registered Users (C)
Hi! I got my fingerprints done on the 27th of July, I called USISC and the guy told me that my application is on wait to be scheduled an interview. It's been 8 weeks already.

My mom sent her I-400 one month before me and she recieved her interview letter 3-4 weeks after here Fingerprints. Infact, She took the oath last week! One week after her interview.

Anyways, I'm in the philly region. Anyone else going through the same? How much more is it normal to wait?

Thanks a bunch!

I had to wait three months to get an interview letter. These days, USCIS has been waiting for the background check to be compeleted before they send out letters to avoid law suit.

I hope your case gets resolve soon,

Newly

robotina said:
Hi! I got my fingerprints done on the 27th of July, I called USISC and the guy told me that my application is on wait to be scheduled an interview. It's been 8 weeks already.

My mom sent her I-400 one month before me and she recieved her interview letter 3-4 weeks after here Fingerprints. Infact, She took the oath last week! One week after her interview.

Anyways, I'm in the philly region. Anyone else going through the same? How much more is it normal to wait?

Thanks a bunch!

I did mine on 6/2 (No IL yet!)

robotina said:

Thanks a bunch!
I did it on 6/2, no letter yet! I guess it depends on which DO you are from. I am Washington DC. What about yourself?

I sent my I400 to the vermont office and I believe my DO is the Philadelphia office.

:) Thanks for the replies you guys!

Is it because your name is more popular than your mom's name?

I have a friend who filed N400 application together with his wife this January. he took the oath in May. his wife who has a very popular name got 4 months later than him

robotina said:

Thanks a bunch!

FairfaxVAN400 said:
Is it because your name is more popular than your mom's name?

I have a friend who filed N400 application together with his wife this January. he took the oath in May. his wife who has a very popular name got 4 months later than him

Are we talking about popular first or last name or both combined? I think everybody's first name is to a certain extent popular...but the uniqueness comes in the combination of both first and last name..what do you think?

I agree. That's what they look at. The combination of both first and last name. They also look at date of birthday and social security.

Even I am waiting for my Interview letter. I did my FP on 07/25/06. I dunno how long we have have to wait.

Does anyone one else from CSC (Oakland/ San Francisco) received interview letter yet. My priority date is 07/04/2006.

it should be both combined. there were a few link about FBI namecheck posted by ladybug in another thread. Most Chinese female keep their family name after the marriage.

There are only about 100 chinese last names. if it's a popular first name, there can be easily hundreds of thousands people who have same name as you.

eo23 said:
Are we talking about popular first or last name or both combined? I think everybody's first name is to a certain extent popular...but the uniqueness comes in the combination of both first and last name..what do you think?

chicago n400

eo23 said:

hey eo23,
we are close in dates, have you checked your status lately? mine disappeared today!!!!!

send out: 8/31/2006
FP: 9/20/2006
case status disappeared: 10/01/2006

tderev1 said:
hey eo23,
we are close in dates, have you checked your status lately? mine disappeared today!!!!!

send out: 8/31/2006
FP: 9/20/2006
case status disappeared: 10/01/2006

Thats great news! Mine hasn't disappeared yet but I will keep checking and let you know! Did yours say that it was received on September 5th? I just want to know whether we are in the same batch. Keep me posted!

No IL yet. My FP was on 7/8/6. Anoybody in the same timeline as me still awaiting for the IL? Should I apply for an Infopass? I called the USCIS hotline but it's an automated machine and tells you the same info as the one on the website.

DO: Santa Ana CA

Thanks!

Hi tderev1

Mine did disappear on 10/2 . So what are the next steps now ?

FP done on 9/25 - sent back to INS same day
NSC - Kansas City DO

status disappeared..

my interview is on november 14th, so i am wondering whats going on with teh name check and wether i should schedule an info pass to find out if it cleared.. what do u guys think..is there a way to find out if the name check is pending?

tderev1 said:
my interview is on november 14th, so i am wondering whats going on with teh name check and wether i should schedule an info pass to find out if it cleared.. what do u guys think..is there a way to find out if the name check is pending?

How did you find out when your interview is? Did you already receive a notice? Wow that was very quick!! Let me know.

Keep your fingers crossed that there is no name check issue. You will find out either way on interview day but if you are anxious to know then schedule an infopass. For some reason there are no infopass appointments for November available for Chicago DO - only a few in October.

When you searched your case number, did it say that it was received on September 5th? I was just wondering because there are no absolutely no trends, I searched a ton of case numbers above and below mine and there is no discernible trend.

Last edited by a moderator: