how much time it takes for oath after interiview in CT

Polinka,

5 months after interview seems too long a wait for the oath.

Is your name check completed prior to the interview. In other words, did you get "Congratulations...you are approved....etc.." note at the end of the interview or were you told that final decision is pending?

Time

I was interviewed in Hartford, CT in mid-July, I took the oath on October 7th.
This was after getting an Infopass to chase up my case (which was sitting doing nothing on somebodys desk)

The Hartford DO are good people IMO, just very overworked like most people.

YankeeDude
I got a paper " pending , name/background check

gimmeshelter

could you please let me know
Why was your application pending?
what did you bring on your Infopass interview?
I got my Infopass on Oct. 24th .
So any info will be very helpful

gimmeshelter,

Do you know how often they have oath ceremonies in Hartford. Also was the oath in a court house or city hall and is there any link/pointers where these ceremony schedule is posted.

I have interview scheduled for Dec1 and have travel plans in first week of Feb. I was wondering if i can expect the oath to be done by then.

Polinka , you asked

"could you please let me know
Why was your application pending? what did you bring on your Infopass interview?
I got my Infopass on Oct. 24th . So any info will be very helpful"

Answer: They wanted more personal documentation to ensure my marriage to a USC was a valid one, I also supplied them a signed affidavit from my wife and that was sufficient.

You also said "I got a paper " pending , name/background check", that is NOT good news.

YankeeDude , you asked

"Do you know how often they have oath ceremonies in Hartford. Also was the oath in a court house or city hall and is there any link/pointers where these ceremony schedule is posted.

Answer: At the Federal Courthouse in Hartford, I have no idea on how often, but on my day there were two different groups, one was 9am which i was in, and there was also a 11am group, so probably quite often.

I have interview scheduled for Dec1 and have travel plans in first week of Feb. I was wondering if i can expect the oath to be done by then."

Answer: I would say it is possible, but it depends if you get approved immediately and you have no name check issues.

Thank you , gimmeshelter,

I knew that my application stuck for ever
will see what they say next week

zzerous said:
Any upodates on your case? Thanks.
Hi zzerous.
My application is still pending. Infopass did not give us any new info, so we are preparing for the next step

Polinka said:
Hi zzerous.
My application is still pending. Infopass did not give us any new info, so we are preparing for the next step

Do you think it is the name check thing that is holding your application? what kind of next steps are you preparing for?

zzerous said:
Do you think it is the name check thing that is holding your application? what kind of next steps are you preparing for?
yes, it is the name check,
next step? find the lawer
if you have more questions please send me a private message

Polinka, have you get the oath notice?

Polinka said:
yes, it is the name check,
next step? find the lawer
if you have more questions please send me a private message

Any progress?

Thanks
WaitingCT