How much time after RFE ??

BigM04

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

I have received RFE for employment letter. I have sent it and AVM says they have received it on 22 oct. How much time does it normally take to process it ?? I need to apply for EAD renewal. so I would like to know ASAP. Also Can i renew the EAD myself or have to go thr\' lawyer ??

m

4-6 weeks

My RFE was received on Oct 23rd (also employment letter). From what I read on this board, it takes about 4-6 weeks until one gets a decision.

I renewed my EAD myself without my lawyer and it was no problem at all. I got the new EAD within 4 weeks.

Please post when you get a decision.

4-6 weeks.

For me: RFE RD:09/25 - AD:10/26

VSC received EAD renewal appln on 10/22 and no news on that yet!

I am hoping, they will return my appln.

Employment letter was not included

No, I got the RFE because there was no employment letter included in the initial application.

My $200 per hour lawyer said it is not necessary when I noticed it and asked him about it, before I signed and sent the application.....

Caused me a lot of trouble since in the meantime my company went down the drain...

Breaking news - approval after 6 days

Just checked the AVM and my case got approved.

AD 10/29
AVM updated 11/01

I need help reg. RFE for emp. letters (Pls. pls..)

Hi

I didnot submit my employment letter with 485 filing.
My company had filed for labor as one title. since i am not in that title yet it is not giving me the letter.

Does the employment letter need to be statign that you are in the same title or will be in same title
or what ever title, but that I am employed with the company at the moment is enough !

Please let me know.. I am sure to receive the RFE any time. I had submitted all my pay stubs though !!

Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks a lot !

Here is the text of the RFE

The RFE said:

"Submit a recently-dated letter from your employer confirming your present position and salary. If you have a new employer (other than [company xxx]) include your date of hire and job description."

So, yes, the position or title you have must be included. I would fight your company on that.

They let you work under that labor certification. If they don\'t have a problem to do that, they shouldn\'t have a problem to give you an employment letter with that title. A lot can be solved with some "creative writing".

thanks karin !

do u usually get employment RFE at the time of getting receipt or notice.. or after 6 months !
Thanks

RFE is usually send out close to the end of processing...

in my case that was 10 month after filing I-485.

It seems as if a case is not assigned to an officer before about 10 month after filing.

When finally someone takes your file from the shelf and blows the dust off, he/she either approves it or sends you an RFE....

Thanks Karin.. one more Q

If it takes around 10 months to get an RFE.
And if I change company after 6 months...
At the time of RFE which letter would I have to provide ?
The one from new employer or one from old employer..
Thanks again