How much time after DOS approval for CONRAD-30

J1physician

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
How much time does it take once the DOS recommends and sends the application to the USCIS. It took for me alomost 3 1/2 months to get the recommendation from both the State and DOS now it is at USCIS. My H1 has already been filed.
thx

here is my timetable of J1 waiver process 2005
1) Dec 23 got approval from IGA South carolina and case transferred to DOS where it was applied on dec16th 2004. As far as i know it got approved in 2 weeks as it was a pre approved case when I signed the contract.
2) Feb 18rd case approved by DOS transferred to USCIS
3) March 18th case approved by USCIS
4) March 10 th my lawyer send the application for H1b
5) March 20 th I get a letter from USCIS for the proof of license to work in SC and now I am working on getting some letter from SC medical board as RFE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am stuck on that particular step
I was approved by the DOS in 3 weeks following the State.
Now I am stuck at the USCIS (vermont) final step for waiver for the past 5 months beleive it or not. They say they are doing a name check.

H1B approved April 4th

My J1 waiver was sent to USCIS on Feb 23rd from DOS. H1B petition was sent on Feb 24th to Texas center. On March 24th my application was upgraded to premium processing. My H1B got approved today and they said the original document will follow in 7-10 business days. Does the H1B gets approved after USCIS J1 waiver approval ?. In that case, do they send both the documents at the same time?. Any info on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

At which stage name check is performed? At DOS or USCIS? I thought it was DOS.

I would have thought since you're already in the country they will not bother at this stage. I can understand if it is Immigration petition.

And do they perform name check for each member of the family or just primary J1 applicant.

Thanks,

name check

THey said (unofficially since I have never had an official answer directly to me) that they are doing a name check. The info I received was from the senator.
IT is the USCIS that is doing my name check.
I know also that DOS does the name check and it was ok since it only took 3 weeks. But the USCIS is now taking close to 6 months.
NOONE has had such an experience.
I am seeking ANY new lawyer that is willing to take my case at this stage and figure out WHYYYYYY on earth this is taking soooooo LONG.
My employer (a big university program) needs me more than I even need to go there since I am currently in USA on an O1 visa in another state. My name check was checked 2 years ago and it took 3 months when I was outside the USA.
Now that I am here it is taking 6 months????
I don't beleive this. There was NO senator or COngressman that could give me more info.
ANyone knows any way out of this or has any ideas???

Last edited by a moderator: