How much Taxes Employer pays --- Experts Pl. answer

rajiv_sublok

Registered Users (C)
I apologise for posting at this forum, The only reason being that People here are experienced and have more knowledge that any other forum.

I work on hourly basis with my company. My company cut about 15% expenses from my hourly rate. Company says that There are some taxes which company too has to pay.
As I understand the company has to pays
Social security is 6.2%
Medicare is 1.45%
Federal unemployment is 0.8% ( Do this has to paid every month or it is only on first $7000 ? )

I am not sure about State unemployment, It varies from state to state. My employer is saying that it is 3.90% for CT, NJ. ( Do this too have to paid every month OR It is on fixed amount ? )

If I am missing for some taxes, Pl. let me know.

( Pl. note I pays for my Medical ( $500-$600) and Payroll expenses ( $123 ) extra every month too)

thanks

Rajiv

No Title

The amount you pay for the medicare and medicaid from your incomeis the amount your employer has to pay to(15% is a fair number). Your employer is not supposed to deduct his part from your income.

No Title

The UI for federal and state would certain %age of first $NNNN dollars. As you said, State UI will vary from state to state, but it would be for only first 7K or 8k of your annual salary. If change states in the middle of a fiscal year, your employer will pay UI for the new state on first $$$dollars earned in that state.
And regarding your medical, you can buy it outside by on your own. you can look at yellow pages and call some Health insurance companies. It should not be more than $350-$400 for family. And about Payroll expenses, I know PAYCHEX charges $50-70 for first 5 employees and $5-7 extra for each additional employee for one payroll cycle. hope this info helps you!!!

Hourly employees are not...

Hourly employees are, in most cases, not entitled to any employer provided benefits. It is true in most cases. You have to pay from your pocket all the taxes/deduction (your part and your employer contribution). That is why they pay more if you work on hourly basis.

You must be lucky till now, to get your employer pay the taxes. But I don\'t understand why they want to throw the payroll expenses on you. Sounds cheap.