• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How much money is needed to be shown

I perceive a bit of arrogance in what has been said in response to the question. I think a genuine need to know is and remains a genuine need, no matter whether you get selected or not. Let's try to get in others shoes and build a bit of emotional intelligence on a forum like this, please.

There is no "need to know" until you are selected... there is perhaps a "want to know" but thats beside the point.... the thing is there is no specific amount and Simon said that exact thing earlier in the post

However, for an applicant to show their savings - we generally say around 10k per adult, a little less per child, BUT it is not a precise number, nor is that always enough. We have seen embassies inexplicably expect to see a HUGE number whenthe applicant is showing savings, because that measure, unlike an I-134, is not "defined" in some standard way.

Best idea is use an I-134, second best is show savings (liquid assets, such as a bank account, NOT assets such as cars and property)