How much early can switch employer after GC approval?..

longwait02

Registered Users (C)
Guys please shed some light on this issue. My GC approved last week and looking for change of employer. Is it too early to change employer. What is nominal time frame to change? or
1)Is better to wait till get palstic cards?
2) What is safe bet of time to stick the same employer to considering citizenship after 5 years?
3) Is there any guidelines on the above issuse from USCIS?

Thanks in advance?

ND: 01/25/03
AD: 08/31/04

longwait02 said:
Guys please shed some light on this issue. My GC approved last week and looking for change of employer. Is it too early to change employer. What is nominal time frame to change? or
2) What is safe bet of time to stick the same employer to considering citizenship after 5 years?

Thanks in advance?

ND: 01/25/03
AD: 08/31/04

6months=Better
1 year = Best

If you are serious about Citizenship, then you should work for an year or atleast six months with the GC sponsoring empolyer. If you leave your GC sponsoring employer after your I485 approval, then you will have to prove to the Officer that you had a good intention to join the employer which is really risky business. The decision is really yours!!!

Job change has nothing to do with the plastic cards.

At the time of getting GC, you should have an 'intent' to work for the sponsering employer indefinitely, but the intent might change later. 'How soon' is debatable, many attorneys say '6 months - 1 year' is a safe period. If you have a very good reason for leaving the employer, you can leave even earlier.

Unfortunately, No.

Not a good idea to leave before one year..

One of my friends is having a problem in citizenship. He left after 8 months..

seeking GC said:
One of my friends is having a problem in citizenship. He left after 8 months..

What do you mean by "One of my friends is having problems in citizenship" ? Has he applied for citizenship and got denied ? I think that you mean to say that "he is afraid to apply for citizenship". Why don't you give more information ?
I don't think one will have any problem. A green card holder can choose any job he likes. If at all he is asked about why he changed jobs, he just need to show proper reason (there can be thousand of them) with proper supporting documentation.

Job after GC...

Hello Everybody,

We still haven't got the approval, But I have a question regarding leaving the job after approval.

My husband is principal applicant, and he wants to leave the job after the approval, as he is planning to start a business. Can he do that? and after what tome period he can leave the job and work for himself?

Your response is really appreciated.
Thanks.

My friend had quit the job the day he finished the stamping .
Yesterday, He finished his naturalization. No questions asked regd why he changed the jobs so early.

JoeF:
What if the company lays off an employee or the company shutsdown with in 6 months of that employee recieving green card.
Will he still be denied the naturalization?