How much does an address change impact a case ?

jaykarandikar

Registered Users (C)
Guys, I was wondering how much does an address change impact a I485 case.

If a person is with the same company, well beyond 6 months of I465 application, and assuming that BCIS updates the address correclty, what would be the implications of one or frequent address change ?

Any comments ?

It doesn't impact the case, but I have read on various threads that even after changing the address with USCIS, they still mess up and send correspondace to the old address, so you can change your address as much as you want, but you will only end up confusing USCIS which can lead to you potentially loosing some very important correspondance.

I have also recently moved to a new apt...but really dont know what impact it might have...though just now I have seen that my EAD has been approved..it will be interesting to see whether it comes to the new address or not...

changing address may not impact your case technically but it sure creates hassles. BCIS is a shoddy keeper of records and often even after you do everything you are supposed to do, you find that the address hasn't been updated in their records.
It's really a pain in the a@$%. Moving is such an essential part of American culture, and here bang comes a rule that sees it as an anomaly. Trust BCIS rules to be so out dated and out of touch with American reality!

we did not take the risk of changing address because it may be a pain in the neck if the mails are lost...

If you change your address with local post office, as well as with INS/BCIS/USCIS whatever........ it should be fine.

no problem

I changed 3 times during my 485 process. i had no problem and got approved before many of us who applied at the same time.

Thanks for the respose guys. You have already made me feel better.

I mean in this I485 process, there is something or the other to worry about every 3-4 months.

No impact

But it is recommended to hold on to your old address till you get your Card.....

That is between Passport Stamping and Receiving the card try not to change the address....

It will cause unnecessary delay in getting your Plastic