how much did you pay for medical examination? report: me, $260

lily124

Registered Users (C)
Just curious, how much did you pay for medical examination? report: me, $260. I have all the vaccine record and the doctor only needed to draw my blood. $60 for chicken pox because I don't have recording of it otherwise it would have been $200. Seems the price varies. I called another doctor who told me I would be charged $120 if I had all the vaccine records but I didn't go there because the appointment would have been this Thursday.
Just wondering why they don't have a standard fee from all the doctors.
I'm from NC. What about you folks?

Yes, you need to shop around to get a deal. Price varies from $150 to $500, here in NYC. I paid around $200 in NYC for usual test and few shots.

Went to my mother-in-law gyno (yes, he's also a USCIS approved surgeon).
He took my insurance even though supposedly insurances don't cover immigration-purpose visits (he probably said it was a normal check). Paid $20 co-payment.
Then I claimed back some $200 with my secondary insurance (kinda like a flexible spending account). I actually made some money.

Ask your doctor and shop around. You might find some that accept insurance.

In CA, where everything is expensive, I paid $240 for the exam and all the shots (I didn't have a vaccination record, and it would have been a pain to try to get it from Moscow), plus $33 for the chest X-Ray.

I shopped around, and it was the best deal I could find. I got quotes as high as $940 for this freakin' exam!!! I have no clue what they could possibly charge so much for.

Jewel12 said:
In CA, where everything is expensive, I paid $240 for the exam and all the shots (I didn't have a vaccination record, and it would have been a pain to try to get it from Moscow), plus $33 for the chest X-Ray.

I shopped around, and it was the best deal I could find. I got quotes as high as $940 for this freakin' exam!!! I have no clue what they could possibly charge so much for.

I went to a russian doctor (my wife and her family are originally from there). They all know each other and often accept your insurance or waive the deductible. Check with the russian community over there.

sarrebal said:
I went to a russian doctor (my wife and her family are originally from there). They all know each other and often accept your insurance or waive the deductible. Check with the russian community over there.
It's too late for me - my exam's done :) I don't have insurance, so it wouldn't matter anyways. But thanks for the info!

I paid $250 for mine, but my insurance picked up the cost of the Chest X-rays and the blood tests, I assume because I had them done at the ER and they had my insurance details already on record.

Shopping around wasn't an issue for me, as there was only one civil surgeon within 50 miles!

It's a flat fee of $300 here. Didn't accept insurance AT ALL. I had full immunization record already with me, so I don't know if they'd have charged me extra for the shots. They've done main part of the exam in one room and an X-ray in the room next door. The whole thing didn't even take an hour!

$300/hour - pretty damn good pay!!!!

P.S. Since there are only 2 doctos within 60 miles couldn't do too much shopping around. Location: Lawrenceville, GA

We paid 760 dollars for myself, my wife and our little gal. The gal was up-to-date with all the shots for her age. Myself and my wife got just about every shot that is required for the exam.

They charged 100 bucks for the kid and 305 bucks for my wife and 355 bucks for me.
No insurance was accepted and only cash was accepted. Also, I had to take the forms with me for everyone when I went. If I had not, I guess they would have slapped me with another 50 bucks or so.

This is in the greater Miami area in Florida.