How much delay after Biometrics is normal?

kanu123

Hello Everyone!
My Husband is in the process of getting his citizenship. He got his biometrics done on 9th July 2015.
It's been almost 6 months now and we haven't heard anything from the USCIS. I have known of people who have got Interview calls within 4 weeks of their biometrics. Is there a way to know what is going on?
Is there anyone out there who have faced similar situation? Is there a way to expedite the process.
Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

have you mov
Hello Everyone!
My Husband is in the process of getting his citizenship. He got his biometrics done on 9th July 2015.
It's been almost 6 months now and we haven't heard anything from the USCIS. I have known of people who have got Interview calls within 4 weeks of their biometrics. Is there a way to know what is going on?
Is there anyone out there who have faced similar situation? Is there a way to expedite the process.
Your help is appreciated. Thanks!
have you moved since than if yes did you notify the USCIS by calling or filling AR-11 online in there web site, if not call them ask them what is the status of your husband application, or take info pass from USCIS web site and go to local USCIS office to find out whats going on.

it all depends on where your service center and district office is. the busier they are the longer it takes. on the average n400 applications to oath takes about 5 - 6 months. my wife's took 4 months, mine took 7 months. a very good site to assess and track n400s is trackitt,com.

have you mov

have you moved since than if yes did you notify the USCIS by calling or filling AR-11 online in there web site, if not call them ask them what is the status of your husband application, or take info pass from USCIS web site and go to local USCIS office to find out whats going on.

No we haven't moved since application. We are located in California. We enquired with them and we got a letter saying that FBI enquiry is in progress. Its been over 8 months now and we don't know what is going on ?

Last edited by a moderator:
That actually does seem like a lot longer to wait than normal...
My office (seattle, WA) is very slow and even still, my fingerprints were 7/29/2015 and interview was 1/26/2016. Maybe book an infopass appointment to try and see what's going on?
What does your case status say when you check online?