How many years of residency is required for lottery GC holder to apply Naturlization

NYPendingGC

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
A friend of mine got DV lottery GC 9 years ago and she has currently lived in NY for 6 years already. Can she apply for Naturlization now or she need to live at least 9 years to apply it. Thanks.
NYPendingGC

JoeF said:
The same as for anybody else: 5 years as PR.
See the "Guide to Naturalization", avaliable on the USCIS website.
Thanks.
She told me that her GC indicates that need 9 years of residency. I feel strange. Could it be true???
Thanks again!

NYPendingGC said:
Thanks.
She told me that her GC indicates that need 9 years of residency. I feel strange. Could it be true???
Thanks again!

what did you mean at all?

GC does not indicate anything besides of the expiration date and when the residency begins, and some other names / category info.

ocworker said:
what did you mean at all?

GC does not indicate anything besides of the expiration date and when the residency begins, and some other names / category info.
Thanks. I have no idea why she said that. I thought every body should be able to apply naturlization after 5 years of GC and residency.
So as for your opinion, she should be able to apply for naturlization now. Right? Thanks.

NYPendingGC said:
Thanks. I have no idea why she said that. I thought every body should be able to apply naturlization after 5 years of GC and residency.
So as for your opinion, she should be able to apply for naturlization now. Right? Thanks.

i do not know all the facts about her so i do not know if she should be able to apply now or not thou.

the best way is to go thru INS website and see if herself is eligible.