how many years does it take to get my green card

wling

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone tell me if I asked my employer to sponsor green card for me today, how many years do I need to wait to get my green card. I live in Atlanta and I am originally from Singapore.

Thanks a lot!

No Title

I live in Atlanta and I assume my service center is TSC. I only have an undergraduate degree, so I think I won\'t be qualify for RIR since my friend told me that RIR is usually for people who have master degree or PHD. Correct me if I\'m wrong. Also, I have about 4 years of programming experiences. Will you able to help me and give me a more accurate estimate of the time I need to get my own green card. Thanks!!

You probably don\'t qualify for EB-2 but RIR may be possible

It really depends on how much advertising your company does for the position and what the processing times are in the state that your LC will be filed in. The state processes the initial stages of the LC, it\'s then transferred to regional DOL for, hopefully, approval. Then an I-140 is filed with the Service Center with jurisdiction over the work location. It may be best to file from the corporate headquarters, particularly if you work at a client location that may change. If you want to discuss my assistance, please contact me offline.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

Labor at DOL

Jim,

DOL has recd my Labor application from SESA on 10/26/2001. What happens next ? How long do you *think*, before I can get a Work Permit . I know GC is no where near. I am in California.

Thanks a ton,

Anywhere from 2 - 5 years

It depends on lot of factors like
Country -
Category EB2/EB3 ?
State where filed from ?
Region Vermont/TSC/CSC ..
Any Priority Date
And Luck ...

My observation : States like PA take less time for labor Whereas state like MA takes 1-2 years depeing upon EB2/EB3 & RIR category.
Once Labor & I-140 are cleared, the priority date plays role for applying 3rd stage (I-485). In 485 : factors like Medical Test, Finger Prints , RFE plays role in delaying your 485 process.

Luck plays a very IMPORTANT role .

Question about 485 application

Jim / Others ..

I have a I-140 from my previous employer and my Labor is stuck with my present employer. Is it possible for me join my old employer again and then apply for my 485 right away. My PD is current. Pls let me know.

Thanks

Its all subjective

Where are you located. Which SESA and DOL will your application go to. Then Which Service Center processes your application (each Center has different processing times). Right now INS is trying to bring them all to the same processing times by transfering some old applications from the TSC to VSC and NSC etc. So maybe soon all of them will have same processing times.