How many RFEs still have not got approval?

GCGCGC

Registered Users (C)
Hi, We have sent our RFE to INS about a month ago, but still do not have any sign of approval. I saw a lot of people on this forum who got their GC approval within a week after INS received their RFEs. How many of you are in the same boat of mine? If you are, please respond, let try to collect some information to see whether there are any norms?

It has been a torture for us since we sent out the RFE to INS since early November. I checked AVM every day persistently, however, it always says: "on Nov....." I had so much hope in the first two weeks, then become more and more disappointed each day. Every time I called, I felt that I was waiting for a trial! When will that final wonderful day come? Will it come?

When INS do not approve a case after they received RFE for a month, does that mean they may send a 2nd RFE, or they may transfer the case to the local INS office, or they may end up deny the case? Have you seen any substances that INS deny a case other than EB2/EB3 category confusion.

My case detail
PD: 7/98
RD: 8/99
ND: 9/99
RFE: 11/00
AP: ?

Thanks GCGCGC

No Title

I\'m in the same boat as you, i was so so enthusiastic when i got the RFE based on the fact that once you get the RFE it\'s matter of days – which is some how the VSC pattern of RFE process that I saw here -, then PLA.

Country Others
ND 09/30/99
FP 08/09/00
Receipt # EAC-99-279-XXXXX
RFE request 10/19/00
RFE received by the lawyer on 10/27/00
RFE sent by the lawyer on 10/28/00
RFE received by the VSC on 11/15/00
Then PLA, PLA , PLA

No Title

Well my ND for I 485 is Aug 5. Got an RFE on Nov. 1, 2000 for an employment letter. I mailed it on Nov. 16. INS says the RD is Nov 28, which was way later than anyone else who mailed it. No response as yet. Called the INS today and IIO said that it will take 3 to 4 weeks. When I asked how come people who mailed in their RFE responses after me have already been approved she said a lot of RFE responses are coming in and that the officer may be backed up.

My guess is that maybe the case speed is also dependent on who gets the case.

No Title

Hi
As far as I know your PD should be current to get final approval. We are in the same boat, its been 3 weeks responding to RFe, no news yet.
PD Aug 97, EB3 india, Rd and ND Sep 99.
Roopa

No Title

I had an RFE for Employment letter on 1st Nov. Responded and recieved by VSC on 17th Nov. Message updated as RFE response rcieved. Still no news about the approval. Its almost a month now. Frustrated.

No Title

Same here

EAC 99-236-xxxx
RD/ND july28/Aug9

Got an RFE on Nov 2nd for just the employment letter. AVM says On Nov 20th they received a response. My lawyer mailed it on Nov 18th.

I call every day and talked to IIO 2 times since then. First time she said they sent it to "the" officer on 21st and asked me to wait for 2 weeks. I called last friday she said "any time now".

Still waiting....

No Title

My ND is 8/6/99; RFE for empl.letter on 11/1/00; Responded by 11/27 and INS says (the IIO, but not the AVM, which didn\'t get updated so far) they have it (11/29). Talked to IIO last Friday and same old news: Officer is over-loaded......

No Title

My best guess is that this officer was sick or on vacation. Thus all our cases got held up. At least I would like to think that was the reason. If so, maybe we should get cleared soon.

Best wishes ....

No Title

We are also in the same boat. RFE recvd by INS on 15 nov and AVM updated the same day. ND aug 99
 called IIO at vermont once she said it will take 15
      to 30 days and next time when we callled she said it will take another 60 to 90 days and AVM says it takes 180 days
   more to process.

No Title

REF for employment letter was received by Vermont on 11/15/00 (AVM). I called every week and was told 1-4 weeks. Is it possible a holiday slowdown? China, NIW, PD: 02/98, ND: 08/16/99, FD: 08/00.

We\'ll get it eventually!!!

No Title

EB-3, India, PD : Oct 01, 1996, RD : Aug 05, 1999, ND : Aug 25, 1999, FP : Jun 20, 2000
Got RFE on Sep 28, 2000 for employment verification letter and tax details.
Applied for I-140 redo on Oct 20, 2000 (since the employer\'s name had changed) & package delivered to INS on Oct 21, 2000.
Got I-140 receipt a couple of weeks back, with RD Oct 29, 2000 & ND Nov 14, 2000.
Obviously, WAITING....

No Title

Could it be the 11/15/00, almost all of us have sent the RFE response around that date. What is wrong what that period? Or is it as what xrx says "same Officer". Just Frustrated and Wondering.

No Title

Sent 2nd RFE (1st was ItD sent on 9/29, received 10/24. 2nd RFE was issued 11/14 or thereabouts) and received by VSC on 12/04. Nothing further yet.

KP

No Title

ASC: yes it did - received on 12/4 (or thereabouts - I am so confused with all the dates now...).

still waiting.

KP

No Title

I am suspecting the same thing. It may be an issue of November 15, which is the week before Thanksgiving. The officer may be on vacation for the Thanksgiving week, and put these RFE cases on hold... Hopefully, we will get before Christmas.

No Title

RFE Received on 22nd Nov, but no approval yet.

Details are
PD 11/15/96
RD 08/16/99
ND 09/09/99
FP 08/28/00
EAC - 99-261-*****

What\'s going on VSC....Where are the approvals???

No Title

My RFE for I-140 Redo got approved on 11/30/00 , Still waiting for
I-485 approval .

No news yet.

Anybody in same boat?