how many pay stubs and tax return with W2 to provide

dontRelyonTSC

Registered Users (C)
Finally we received the RFE that was issued on 2/24 today. It asked for evidence of current employment such as pay stubs and tax return with W2. Please advise how many pay stubs and how many years of W2 I need to give to them? Thanks.

I was in the same boat. I was asked to provide "recent" paystubs, and tax returns for 2004 (!!), 2003 and W-2s.

I provided:

* 2004 W-2 (haven't filed yet)
* 2003 W-2 & Tax returns
* All of 2004 paystubs
* Employment letter drafted to match the I-140.

Fingers crossed, breath held. No decision yet.

RD: Dec 05, 2001
ND: Dec 06, 2001
RFE "Sent" (status changed): Feb 17, 2004
RFE in hand: Feb 26, 2004
RFE docs submitted: Feb 28, 2004
RFE "Received" (status changed: Mar 8, 2004
AD: Better be soon !!

:( :( :( :eek: :eek:

-insjinx

Thanks insjinx. That helps. I thought I needed to give them pay stubs for last year as well (which will be painful).
Hope your approval comes soon!

I got RFE for the following:
1)employment letter
2)evidence of current employment (pay stubs, tax returns with W2)
3)company's annual report as evidence of company's ability to pay
4)two green card styled photos

Hope this helps.
Can somebody please update the RFE link for the above info.

Originally posted by dontRelyonTSC
Thanks insjinx. That helps. I thought I needed to give them pay stubs for last year as well (which will be painful).
Hope your approval comes soon!

dontRelyonTSC, why would it be painful for paystubs for last year ? Sorry I didn't follow that

I have updated your info in the rfe tracker ver 72. ( you & insjinx) . you can see based on the IIO#, when to expect your approvals.

can you guys provide your IIO #, and the dates.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=719553#post719553

Last edited by a moderator:
goastros,
The reason I said it will be painful is: I will have to find last year's pay stub and copy them and I do not think I have them all. Another thing is, I think if I provide last year's W2, it should give evidence that I was employed. So I decide to mail only 2004's pay stub to them.
I do not know the officer number. Once I got it, I will update on this site. Hope this helps.

dontrelyonTSC,
It's usually good enough to provide the last 3 paystubs - doesn't hurt if you furnish a couple more.
Also one would assume, since you are an I-485 applicant and an RFE is always a possibility, you would have kept your pay stubs in a secure location.
Good luck and keep us updated.