• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How many of you registered with DHL to get your passport back after interview?

josh000

Registered Users (C)
I emailed the embassy but got kind of a copypaste response...everything i read seems to apply to other visa types and not necessarily DV visas.

This site: http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/ss_country_welcome doesn't seem to be for DV visas, or it is?

Wanting to make sure not to make any mistakes, so did everyone register for DHL to collect their passports or was there another process?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

this process is in place in Kenya for those going for DV interviews in Nairobi. From reading the Kenya 2011 Winners thread it was not in place so it seems its a new process for 2012 selecteees.

if you read the 2012 Kenya thread there are some people who have said they had to register with DHL to receive their passports.

its even on the Kenya US Embassy webpage under the DV Lottery link

How many people who recently got there GC registered with DHL. If so, which embassy was this at?

How many people who recently got there GC registered with DHL. If so, which embassy was this at?

I registered with DHL online a week before my interview in kenya after 3days I got an email to go and collect my package. It's a very simple process I liked it.

I registered with DHL online a week before my interview in kenya after 3days I got an email to go and collect my package. It's a very simple process I liked it.

What did you use for your priority date? I can't register as I am asked for my priority date before I can proceed.

It's also going to be interesting trying to pickup my passport as I don't have another form of ID really.....hopefully they will accept my work visa, SIN card and maybe credit card.

What did you use for your priority date? I can't register as I am asked for my priority date before I can proceed.

It's also going to be interesting trying to pickup my passport as I don't have another form of ID really.....hopefully they will accept my work visa, SIN card and maybe credit card.

I can't quite remember about the priority date. On ID bit its a bit tricky, I'm not sure by their standards whats the acceptable form of ID. Good thing is the guy at the DHL center will open the package and verify whether its you with the american visa photo on your passport and they might confirm your names using any other form of ID that you will be having at the time.