How many of you are going to OATH on 8-28-09 at Los Angeles?

artsypaw

Registered Users (C)
It was only like 3 months process for me from apply citizenship to Oath Ceremony! I am wondering how many of you are actually coming to 8-28-09's Oath ceremony in Los Angeles and how long did the whole process takes you from apply to the Oath letter?
:)

Oath ceremony was short but waiting for the judge to arrived .. let's just say that he was 55 mins late. Geez! After short 15 mins-ish Oath Ceremony, people line up to get the paper work...check all the information.. than I apply for US Passport there! It was a long line, avg 1.5 hours wait but everyone was happy, easy going, and very friendly even the post office staff * WOW* how unusual! The downtown parking was not too bad. It felt great that finally get all the paper work done now American citizen. Plan to travel during xmas time ^_^, I don't have to stand in different line than my American Gf anymore! yayyy...

Congratulations - are they still doing the 6000 per ceremony, 2 ceremonies in the day at the LACC?

I'm hoping to get my Oath letter soon! Can anyone tell me how the naturalizaton certificate is presented to you? Is there a fancy folder to hold it?

Can anyone tell me how the naturalizaton certificate is presented to you? Is there a fancy folder to hold it?

Just the certificate in an envelope - if you are in one of the "mass" IO ceremonies at the LACC, you ar enot exactly "presented" with the certitificate - after the oath ceremoney you go back and line up and are simply handed it by a clerk.

however, you will find lots of vendors outside selling certificate holders- probably $10.

Thanks! The envelope is enough. I just wanted to make sure they give you something so that it doesn't get dirty, etc.