how many -name checks ???

gc_sankar

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus !!

i'm still waiting for my i485 approval .....PD is current ...
i called VSc last 3 months back they told my name checks all r cleared , so ur file is reviewing by officer ..it taks 30 days ...after EB2 reg came .
i called last week also VSC , rep told i asked abt my name check also , she told everything fine ...i called y'day now they are saying 'name check is pending '...again ...

can any one tell me where can i check my name check is cleared or not ..
i called loacl FBI also , they told its already cleared , may be related finger prints one ...

no use calling to VSC ...they r saying diff diff answers for everytime .

tell me how many name checks are there to clear for .. :confused:

thnx in advance

Similar boat

I might be in a similar boat!!! I was told my VSC officer that my name is over way back in Jan and that my application was waiting only for my visa to be current. Subsequently every single tiem I called VSC they have consistently managed to tell me that my application is waiting for my name check.

But in my case even the FBI says that they have not yet sent my name check results back!!!

So on the flip side you might be in a better position than me if you got a confirmation from the FBI that they have sent in your name check results.

** How did you call the local FBI office** to confirm that they have sent your Name Check results to the VSC?

gc_sankar said:
Hi gurus !!

i'm still waiting for my i485 approval .....PD is current ...
i called VSc last 3 months back they told my name checks all r cleared , so ur file is reviewing by officer ..it taks 30 days ...after EB2 reg came .
i called last week also VSC , rep told i asked abt my name check also , she told everything fine ...i called y'day now they are saying 'name check is pending '...again ...

can any one tell me where can i check my name check is cleared or not ..
i called loacl FBI also , they told its already cleared , may be related finger prints one ...

no use calling to VSC ...they r saying diff diff answers for everytime .

tell me how many name checks are there to clear for .. :confused:

thnx in advance

i got information from FBI for my finger prints clearence ........

.for name check --- this one they r doing in washington, DC (may be other agents)

i'm also confuse , name checks clearence they r doing in diff diff ways ...

so in this i'm confused ..so any one can explain how many checks r ther ???

Its possible your FP results are in!!!

So its possible that your FP results are in and not your name check results. They are 2 completely different things.

FP reuslts generally come in 2 weeks after you give your FP. Name check GOD only knows....!!!!

gc_sankar said:

.for name check --- this one they r doing in washington, DC (may be other agents)

I have the same experience. VSC said name check cleared in June and July. Then they said it was not cleared in Aug., Sep. and Oct. VSC people don't know what they are talking about.

Can I ask you guys what number to call FBI for name check status? I heard they cancelled this service, and they only give finger prints status.

gc_sankar said:

so how u checked 2 name checks ...? in which way to get details ..both name checks cleared or not ????

supply_demand said:
So its possible that your FP results are in and not your name check results. They are 2 completely different things.

FP reuslts generally come in 2 weeks after you give your FP. Name check GOD only knows....!!!!
Hello supply_demand, When did you got your last FPs done? Have your FPs already expired? If so, then what are you planning to do to get your new FPs taken? Wanted to know as your case and mine are pretty similar...

FP have expired

my FP have expired but have yet to receive a FP notice. My application is stuck in the Name Check and only once that is cleared will thye send me the FP notice (till then my application will be gethering dust somewhere).

Sorry for the delay in reply but I am so disgusted with the whole GC process that I am trying to draw myself away from thinking about it. So I now dont come to this forum frequently.

Good Luck to you.