how many LUDs will happen after status inquiry?

trytobepatient

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I called CIS and initiated a status inquiry about my 485. There has been no LUDs so far. Usually how many LUDs (if any) will happen after a status inquiry? Does inquiry help to speed up the process?

Thanks.

trytobepatient said:
Hello,

I called CIS and initiated a status inquiry about my 485. There has been no LUDs so far. Usually how many LUDs (if any) will happen after a status inquiry? Does inquiry help to speed up the process?

Thanks.
Generally you can expect to see 2 LUDs (one on the day they respond and second on next day). If your PD is current and all security clearances are done, then it might help.
Good luck to you,

No response letter yet for my inquiry........

Hi Toxsci,

I have initiated an inquiry and there was a LUD that they have send the response to my inquiry on 06/14/06. I have not received the response yet.

Does it happen like that? What do you think I should do next? :mad:

Thanks,

EB3 TSC (Subs Labor) PD Feb 2000
I140 RD 04/14/05 AD 07/15/05
I485 RD 06/15/05
FP3 07/25/05 LUD 07/25/05 LUD 07/26/05
Ist AP/EAD RD 06/15/05 AD 08/03/05
2nd AP/EAD RD 04/21/06 AD 05/05/06

10 Year old son FP2 02/03/06 No LUD

Toxsci said:
Generally you can expect to see 2 LUDs (one on the day they respond and second on next day). If your PD is current and all security clearances are done, then it might help.
Good luck to you,

Last edited by a moderator:
get_me_green said:
Hi Toxsci,

I have initiated an inquiry and there was a LUD that they have send the response to my inquiry on 06/14/06. I have not received the response yet.

Does it happen like that? What do you think I should do next? :mad:

Thanks,

EB3 TSC (Subs Labor) PD Feb 2000
I140 RD 04/14/05 AD 07/15/05
I485 RD 06/15/05
FP3 07/25/05 LUD 07/25/05 LUD 07/26/05
Ist AP/EAD RD 06/15/05 AD 08/03/05
2nd AP/EAD RD 04/21/06 AD 05/05/06

10 Year old son FP2 02/03/06 No LUD

IMO, you should have received response by now. You can wait few more days and then call TSC directly using POJ trick.
good luck!

I got just one..

Hi allaboutgc,

I just got one LUD and haven't received any letters yet.

Thanks,

allaboutgc said:
get_me_green

How many LUDs did you get? 1 or 2? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
LUD update

trytobepatient said:
Hello,

Thanks.

Hello trytobepatient;

I got 2 Lud's this week in response to my inquiry one on July 03 and another yesterday July 05. I have not received the letter yet, I am going to wait a week before I call them again.

andy

My friend never got LUD just got email response in a day for himself and letter in mail for his wife!

Andy,

When did you call them to initiate the inquiry?

Does the status message change with the LUD?

Did everyone's (you, wife and kid) 485 all have LUD or just yours?

Thank you very much!!!

I strongly believe that initiating status inquiry does not create an LUD. I have done inquiry 3-4 times, I never had a single LUD. But when I did the last inquiry, I also made an address change request. That triggered a LUD. So I would think all you people if you have done an address change then the LUD for that reason, otherwise something is happening on your case, but definitely not due to the status inquiry. The other possible reason for LUD is that they have responded to your status inquiry and hence there is an LUD. But I have never seen an LUD for the response they sent to my status inquiries.

Service request

allaboutgc said:
Andy,

When did you call them to initiate the inquiry?

I called on June 22 to do an inquiry on my case and my wife's

Does the status message change with the LUD?
My message changed to: On July 3, we reponded to your request for more information .......

Did everyone's (you, wife and kid) 485 all have LUD or just yours?
Just me, my wife did not get LUD.

Thank you very much!!!

Yesterday, I got a letter from TSC saying:

The status of the service request is:
The processing of your case has been delayed......
Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. .... If you do not receive adecision or other NOA from us within 6 mos. of this letter, pls contact us ......

The strange part is that is concerning my wife' case not mine. When I have called before, they told me than my wife's NC has been cleared a long time ago.

I don't know what is going on.

andy

I initiated an inquiry with TSC about 2 weeks back but neither i have received any response nor any LUD. Also i never had any LUD in my case (even after i did FP over 6 months back). Should i be concerned?