How many LUDs for I-485 should I expect? (I-140 approved for EB1-EA)

tampaboy

Registered Users (C)
How many LUDs for I-485 should I expect after RFE? (I-140 approved for EB1-EA)

Hi guys--

Here's a rough summary of my case: I-140/I-485 submitted late April 2005. Fingerprinted late May. I-140 (EB1-EA) approved early June.

RFE for I-485 in late June (for paystubs, tax returns, letter from employer, I-693 medical). I sent my RFE response last week. The LUD for the receipt of my response was Monday, July 11.

This morning, I find that the LUD for my I-485 has changed to today, July 13.

I'm wondering: (a) what does this mean, (b) how many LUDs should I expect, and (c) how long do I have to wait before approval? (assuming that I'm FBI cleared and my fingerprints are fine.)

Any of you with similar cases (EB1-EA or NIW), please share your I-485 experiences. The forum on I-485 seems to be dominated by EB-2/employment or EB-3 cases, and I'm assuming our cases are treated somewhat differently.

THANKS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tax Returns reqd?

Hello, I am filing my EB1-OR /I-485. Do I need to submit my tax returns for last 1 year. ( I am working for last 1 year from April 2004 onwards). I am already submitting my recent paystubs.
thanks

Difficult to presume that I-485 are treated differently for Eb2 cases.
Well, time of approval depends upon so called name check, security check

Tax returns?

Purplefish said:
Hello, I am filing my EB1-OR /I-485. Do I need to submit my tax returns for last 1 year. ( I am working for last 1 year from April 2004 onwards). I am already submitting my recent paystubs.
thanks

My opinion is-- NO. Requirements like tax returns and paystubs and W-2's etc. vary from case to case-- and they ask for these things in the RFE stage. Sometimes they need tax returns for the last 3 years, sometimes just the last year. I think it's best to submit only the proof/evidence directly asked for in the I-140/I-485, and then wait for the RFE for these other things.

Another LUD this morning!!?

This is bizarre. I wake up this morning to find a brand new LUD for today, July 14. What's going on? I don't think there're any adjudicators up and working at 7:45am in Vermont.

Is this a case of the morning cleaning staff moving a cart where my file is located, and immediately triggering an LUD indicating my file has been "touched"?

This is truly WEIRD, another internet-age situation of "too-much-information/not-enough-information". They tell you that there's "activity" on your case, but they don't tell you what kind, and what it all means.

I'm sure I'll find this really funny months/years from now, when I recount this whole ordeal to friends over dinner, and we all laugh about it and drink more wine and raise our glasses to toast this wonderful country.

Tampaboy

LUD can only be good, even if it was in the wee hrs. and the people up north do start their day early. I'll trade your LUD with you if you dont want it....
I think you may see an approval email late in the day.

nikkasingh,

Your signature says your 140 LUD on 6/16 and got email at 6/16 night.

Was there any LUD change BEFORE 6/16 on your 140? Or LUD only changed once (on 6/16) for the approval? Thanks a lot.

Case Status Message

By the way, my case status appears in the USCIS website as the following:

"On July 11, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case."

Is there anything unusual with this? Anyone else with the same message? I'm assuming the "preliminary processing" means fingerprint and name clearances.

This is tipical POST RFE receipt notice.
Yes preliminary means lot has been done on your application.
I guess your your RFE was regarding preliminary stage requirement of documents. Don't be surprised if they long to make decision!

Last edited by a moderator:
Samwhite

I didnt have any LUD that day till about 3 PM. Then I checked again at around 5 PM and I saw LUD but no chamge in message. Later that night the message changed to approved and I got two identical emails.
Hope this helps, best

LUD Never Change

My LUD never changes even after I did my FP. My LUD is still dated on 8/2004 saying that the INS received a finger print fee and the case was resumed.
I need a cleaning staff to trigger my case... :D
My EB1 case may be the longest in this forum...

===========================================
EB1 OR-TX
1st EB1 Application:
I-140 RD August 2001
I-140 Rejected on June 2002 due to not answering the I-140 RFE. In fact, the RFE had never been received. Suggested by HR to reapply a new petition instead of asking for MTR.

2nd EB1 Application:
I-140 RD Sept 2002
I-140 Approved April 2004
I-485 RD August 2004
FP March 8, 2005
I-485 AP ???

Finally, An I-485 Approval!!

Just wanted to share with you guys my little good news, and the stats of my particular case:

VSC concurrent RD 4/29/05, ND 5/4/05:
I-140 (EB-1-a, extraordinary ability), I-140 (EB-1-b, NIW), I-485
FP 5/21/05
I-140 (EB-1-a, extraordinary ability) AD 6/9/05
I-140 (EB-1-b, NIW) AD 6/9/05
I-485 RFE 6/15/05 (I-693, tax returns, pay stubs, employment letter)
I-485 RFE RD 7/11/05
(this is when I started taking note of my LUDs)
I-485 LUDs: 7/13/05, 7/14/05, then nothing ... then I took a break from my daily status check a few days ago ... only then, of course, did I receive an e-mail ...
I-485 AP 7/28/05 FINALLY.

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!