How many guys are still waiting for 485 filing receipt from VSC?

abibala

I have filed for 485 more than a month ago and no receipt yet. I checked at immitracker.com/vsc in the 01 vsc trackers section and I did not find any entry for people who filed after first week of April 2001. Anybody in the same situation?

No Title

hi,
 my attorney says,he mailed the appl\'n on april 2nd.he didn\'t give rd&nd.he gave only my eac#like eac-01-167####...
avm says"u\'r appl\'n was received on may5th,blah blah...."
so is may5th rd or nd?will there be 1month gap between rd&nd?
so far didn\'t get ap&ead.

No Title

Yes it is likely that there can be a gap of 1 month between Rd and ND. I think your ND is 5th May. Ask your lawyer to send you the copy of the receipt and you will come to know both the dates. For tracking purposes the EAC number is sufficient.

No Title

Sent to INS on Apr 9th. Still nothing. My lawyer got a response from INS saying that due to lack of Employees in the INS it is taking more time. So now they gave a time estimate of 1 ~ 3 months to get the receipt.

No Title

Now there are lot of people waiting for their receipt. INS gives different reasons for delaying the receipt.

No Title

It seems that VSC is really in mess. If they try to patch one thing the other thing goes out of control. Till last month they were processing the 140 applications very slowwwwwwwwwwwwly. Giving the reason that they do not have adequate manpower. To bring the 140 situation in control they are focussing on those cases now. Which in turn is affecting the new 485 cases. In short, even after 140 approval people\'s 485 applications are not accepted.

Which means even after getting the 140 approval there is no peace of mind to VSC guys. Welcome to the world of VSC and its\' crappy management.

Ma786 the link sent by you states the receipt issue time is 30 days. Guys are waiting for approx 2 months. It seems VSC gives the time estimate by dividing the actual number by 2 to 3. So that people don\'t panic and they see the hope.

No Title

I MAILED MY APPLICATION IN EARLY APRIL, IT HAS BEEN TWO MONTHS, I HAVE NOT GOTTEN ANY RECEIPTS FROM INS, THE CHECKS HAVE NOT CASHED YET. WHAT IS WRONG WITH VSC? I AM SO WORRIED! ANYBODY HAS THE SAME EXPERIENCE RECENTLY WITH VSC?

ONE WORRIED MAN

No Title

PLEASE HELP!!!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH VSC, TWO MONTHS ALREADY, NO RESPONSE FROM THEM, DID MY APPLICATION GET LOST OR WHAT? IS THERE ANYWAY TO SPEAK TO SOMEBODY IN INS?

CW

No Title

Hi Charlie,

Goto http://www.immitracker.com/vsc/

Then click on VSC Tracker for year 01. This list gives the information of people who have filed for 485 in VSC. It is sorted by RD and ND of 485 receipt. If you read this list carefully, you will see that nobody had received receipt after first week of April. So many people are in the same boat. This is new strategy by VSC.

Before this VSC had the strategy of not processing 140s. Now they are not issuing new 485 application notices.

Do not worry and pray for the best.

No Title

How does this affect RD and ND,
The ND is probably two month late than RD given the current situation.
If the 180 day rule start as ND, it means we need to wait 8 month
instead of 6. This is too bad.

No Title

yea.. me too.. 485 receipt not received..
h1 extn pending for more than 6 mnths in calif..
i gotta leave US july mid if nothing is approved...