How many got OR responded to RFE in October and is approved.

FP2 and RFE

FP2 (Both myself and spouse sched on 10/08, but I did it on 09/25 and wife did it on 11/06)
RFE1 (Oct 7, Replied on 11/10 as we were in India)
485 (Waiting)

Guys, also I noticed that if RFE is for some basic documents such as birth cert etc, then I not seeing such fast approvals, when compared to the big ones such as "Prove the status for xxxxxx period", W2 etc are being approved in 3-4 weeks.

People are talking about LUD changes and its impact on approval. My LUD changed (after FP2 notice in July) atleast 10 times in August nothing happened except that on Oct 7 a RFE was issued.

iamgctracker said:
FP2 (Both myself and spouse sched on 10/08, but I did it on 09/25 and wife did it on 11/06)
RFE1 (Oct 7, Replied on 11/10 as we were in India)
485 (Waiting)

Guys, also I noticed that if RFE is for some basic documents such as birth cert etc, then I not seeing such fast approvals, when compared to the big ones such as "Prove the status for xxxxxx period", W2 etc are being approved in 3-4 weeks.

People are talking about LUD changes and its impact on approval. My LUD changed (after FP2 notice in July) atleast 10 times in August nothing happened except that on Oct 7 a RFE was issued.

You are probably right. I had simple RFE for EVL and medicals (no paystubs/W2 or Tax returns), i responded to it 5 weeks ago after FP2, no signs of approval. To me, LUD changes are misleading indicators.It chnaged 4 times after they recd my RFE.
Someone from uscis may be reading posts on this forum on LUD and misleading us. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
GiveMeMyGCNow

My RFE is similar like yours [Latest I-94, PP pages, marriage cert, medicals and Emp letter]. It was received on Nov 10th.

Let us wait and see who gets "THERE" first.

Hi Jish

You are wrong.I think they are going by Priority date.

QUOTE=jish]You are probably right. I had simple RFE for EVL and medicals (no paystubs/W2 or Tax returns), i responded to it 5 weeks ago after FP2, no signs of approval. To me, LUD changes are misleading indicators.It chnaged 4 times after they recd my RFE.
Someone from uscis may be reading posts on this forum on LUD and misleading us. :p[/QUOTE]

rao_8439 said:
You are wrong.I think they are going by Priority date.

QUOTE=jish]You are probably right. I had simple RFE for EVL and medicals (no paystubs/W2 or Tax returns), i responded to it 5 weeks ago after FP2, no signs of approval. To me, LUD changes are misleading indicators.It chnaged 4 times after they recd my RFE.
Someone from uscis may be reading posts on this forum on LUD and misleading us. :p
Hi, I have seen quite a handful of eb3 filers with PD = Aug-2002 getting approved. Someone even posted today with PD Aug-2002, 485 approved.
Couldn't be more faster.
Its all random.

IamGCTracker
Seems you were in India and had a RFE.

I have a RFE generated on 11/17 per online status (no specifics available yet) and plan to goto India on 11/24 for 15 days. Is it ok to receive a RFE but not respond before my departure and respond after returning.

Is your case similar to mine?

Sr050603

You can respond once you come back. RFE's basically have a time limit, normally 60-90 days, but watch out for ones for 30 days. Some one in these forums got RFE / NOID to explain the status in 30 days, one of my friend got an RFE seeking explanation of some discrepany in their 140 in 30 days (ofcourse her case got approved 2 months ago).

This is what I did. Once I got to know RFE has been issued, I enrolled myself for a free efax number (delivered to registered email account), requested attorney office to fax me the RFE notice, to that number. Also I carried the copy of the all documents normally required for 485.

Lo and behold, I found the fax the next day I landed in India. Since RFE was
EVL, marriage certificates, latest I-94, medicals due to expiry of previous ones. Since medicals have to be redone, so I responded after I came back.

Also for I-94 was requested when I was still in US, so I submitted the copy of latest one and prior to my departure to India.

I apologize for being lengthy, but I want to be as much detail as possible

Hope it helps.