How many Dec'01 waiters?

Already sent the application for 3rd EAD. I wanted to do it online but changed mind and sent it by mail just avoid any interactions with the local INS people. Hope the approval will arrive before the grant of EAD.

Starbucks,

I am going to send my application for EAD renewal by the end of next week. That will be almost 3 1/2 months before it is due to expire. This, in my opinion, should be enough time.

Guys, please make a habit of posting your dates at the end of your message. This helps us keep track of the progress more closely, you know what I am saying...:)

cmr

PD 02/23/00
RD 12/11/01
ND 12/14/01
RFE 07/11/03(Employment letter, Birth affidavits for both and legible BC copy for spouse)
Response received 07/30/03
2nd FP 9/12/03

Bill,

You have mentioned you are going out of country for several months. If possible, try to postpone your trip atleast until you get your passport stamped. As you are are so close to your approval, why would you want to take a risk(unless it is completely unavoidable).

But in the worst case if you are out of country when your 485 is approved, you should still be able to get in. I am not very sure about the procedure but you should be able to find more details by searching on keywords "approval while out of country".

The only thing that concerns me is the fact that you are planning on being out of country for an extended period of time and the possiblity of that creating any problems at POE to an otherwise smooth(supposedly) entry.

Please check with your lawyer.

cmr

PD 02/23/00
RD 12/11/01
ND 12/14/01
RFE 07/11/03(Employment letter, Birth affidavits for both and legible BC copy for spouse)
Response received 07/30/03
2nd FP 9/12/03

Bill,

Agree with cmr's comments. I would also be a bit concerned about the "long" trip. If possible, you may want to come back to the US soon after it is approved (presumably somebody would be monitoring your mail), get the passport stamped and then resume your foreign assignment. In any case, I believe you have an attorney or somebody else who is monitoring mails from BCIS. Just to cover the remote possibility that BCIS sends out another RFE or anything else that needs response from you.

K.S.

Guys, just called FBI and checked my FP status. They were completed and sent back to INS on the same day(9/12). I guess all I can do now is sit back and wait.

cmr

Gave 2nd FP - 19 days ahead of schedule

Hi Gang,
Took a chance, went to the local FP office and sure enough
got our second FPs taken 3 weeks ahead of schedule. BCIS
may not open up the file before October, however the job is
done.

Cheers
starbucks

RD - Dec. 14, 2001
ND - Dec. 15, 2001
1st FP - May 28, 2002
RFE - June 30, 2003
RFE response received by BCIS - Aug. 7 2003
2nd FP scheduled - Oct. 7 , 2003
Actual date of 2nd FP - Sep. 18, 2003

long trip

ks/cmr

Thanks for the input. Since there is no way to know how long I should wait for the approval after 2nd FP (anyone knows?), I have to do the trip.

However, I wonder if approved, there will be some changes in the system,which means that the border will know. -- Then AP is still usage?

By the way, where can I search for the information? and what is POE?

Any repercussions for getting FP done earlier than scheduled?

Are there any repercussions for getting the second FP done earlier than scheduled? Is there anyone that received the approval notice after getting the FP II done earlier than the scheduled date?

bill,

I remember reading about this (using AP to enter after 485 approval) in one of Murthy bulletins or Murthy Chat. You can access them at murthy.com. Also, you might find something in the archives of this forum. In short, you can definitely use the AP to enter the US but it might cause delays. The folks at the border most likely would have the information about your 48 approval. You may be allowed "deferred inspection."

POE: Port of entry.

K.S.

Update on Dec. 2001 case

Hi cmr,
No updates, except our second FPs were cleared by FBI the day
itself (Sep. 18).

Still waiting ...... 46 approvals on rupnet for Dec. 01 cases.

Starbucks

RD 12/14/01
ND 12/15/01
1st FP 5/28/02
RFE 6/30/03
RFE response rec'vd 7/08/03
2nd FP 9/18/03 (originally scheduled 10/7/03)

starbucks,

is your online status reflecting that 2nd FP was received or did you call FBI??? I did my 2nd FP on Sept 10 and no update yet....
RD is Oct 01....

2nd fp status

from_rep
on line or AVM for our status has not changed, still shows on
Aug. 7 we received your response to our RFE. The lawyer
contacted FBI and found out that the FPs has been cleared.

starbucks

Yes, same here. I contacted FBI last week and they told me that the results were sent to INS on the same day. Sadiq was in a very similar postion and got his approval in 10 days after the second FP.

This wait is getting harder every day.

cmr