how many days to see approval/RFE/denial after LUD change(s) for 140?

awaitinggc04 said:
MA_Labor,

Thanks for the response. I guess in my case it should be W2 or ability to pay. I have another question regarding this. I do have W2 forms but not tax return forms. Is there any way I can get a copy of them from IRS.

Thanks,
AwaitingGC04

You can request copies for the last 3 years of your tax returns from IRS. In order to do this you must complete the IRS Form 4506. I would suggest doing this ASAP as IRS normally takes couple weeks to provide this information and you have only 30 days to respond to your RFE.

Guys,

Please any adivce regarding my case
NO luds after filing date
Got FP recently, No Lud changed.
is this leads to any RFE.
my doubts is regarding my education/credential evaluation

ANy adivces please

Last edited by a moderator:
sree234 said:
Guys,

Please any adivce regarding my case
NO luds after filing date
Got FP recently, No Lud changed.
is this leads to any RFE.
my doubts is regarding my education/credential evaluation

ANy adivces please

Normally No LUD change on 140 is a Good Sign.
But you may want to call the 800 Number on the 140 receipt notice to find out what is happening on your case since the present date is around Dec 2004. You may also consider checking with your lawyer and getting a status enquiry done.

Thanks LSaspirant

I don't know what to do.My PD is APril,02
waiting for good news
As I got 3 year degree, i guess iam in big trouble
don't know the labour details though its not substitute, don't know it's details

rfe FOR APPEAL

Hi, Guys:
My NIW I140 was denied this Jan, I filed appeal (290B only) in Feb and it was reopened Mar. 7. Howere, when I check online today, it said they need RFE. THis did not happen often, right? Is it bad or good? I am really confused now. I havn't got the RFE letter yet.

approved on 3/15/05 :)

am_111 said:
Hi guys,

I had an RFE on my I-140 on 1/26, replied on 2/17. After that, had two
LUDs on 2/22 and 2/23. Please comment on what's the chances of what's
happning here. Apparently, it takes only 7 days for approval, but some
of the recent guys seem to have been approved after even 2-3 weeks.
Do you think that the approval time is increased right now, or should
I expect my case to not go through. Please comment.

Thanks,
am_111

congrats am_111

congrats am_111

my case is similar to yours. EB1 OR, RFE received in Jan 04, responded on 2/4. LUD changes on 2/7,8,9. No news since then.

My RFE letter had some incorrect info. It was addressed to a physical thrapist and I am definetely not a phy thrapist. My attorney responded asking to correct the RFE or withdraw it if sent in error.

Am_111, what was your RFE about?

can I call them since it is more than 30 day?

lssd said:
I am really glad to say that my 140 got approved (on 2/18/05). Lawyer received the approval notice and faxed it to me (checked the approval notice a thousand times already to make sure everything is ok). No emails from the system - same old "...petition received message..."

LUD for my 140 changed on 2/18 and then again on 2/21 with no change in message. That had me concerned (if an RFE was on its way) but it looks like the officer working on my case just did not update the system right. It looks like this is what might have happened - LUD 1 on 2/18 - case was approved by the officer - LUD 2 on 2/21 - approval was printed and mailed.

Lssd

Just wondering about these LUDs. If you have two LUDs in the last three days for I-140, what could it mean. Is that going to be an RFE, approval, etc? Please share your experience.

And one more thing - I had my FP done last week and my wife's FP status is updated. Mine has to be updated, ofcourse FBI is done from their end about my FP and waiting for USCIS to update. But does it have any effect on my I-140. Also, I've requested for an address change last week.

What could the LUDs on my I-140 mean?

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Approved

My I140 was approved yesterday.
140 RD:12/29/2003
RFE- 1/13/2005
Replied- 2/8/2005
LUD: 2/8/2005, 2/11/2005
AD- 3/16/2005

Guys dont go by logic that aftr LUD within a week Approval comes and after 2-3 weeks RFE and if doesnt have any then deniel.

Simply just wait for atleast 60 days after RFE reply and then you can call to USCIS .. it is written on their website too..

All the best..

please help

Guys, please comment on my case. My NIW case was deniled, but reopend after appleal. Now they ask me for RFE----the most weird thing is the RFE letter look exactly as the denial letter (Same sentence like publication itself does not mean-----the citation----), but it changed to ask for more evidence instead of denial. It seems like they did not look at my appeal stuff at all (I submitted citation report with my appeal letter and some new materials including a new recommendation letter), but why did they reopen it then?
Oh, My, I am so tired of this. I feel this is so endless and hopeless.What should I do?

hopelesswait said:
RFE- 1/13/2005
Replied- 2/8/2005
AD- 3/16/2005

Guys dont go by logic that aftr LUD within a week Approval comes and after 2-3 weeks RFE and if doesnt have any then deniel.

Simply just wait for atleast 60 days after RFE reply and then you can call to USCIS .. it is written on their website too..

All the best..

Congrats!!! on your I-140 approval.

hopelesswait said:
RFE- 1/13/2005
Replied- 2/8/2005
AD- 3/16/2005

All the best..

Congrats and Good Luck for 485..

Karan29,

Have you replied to your 140 RFE yet.
Also do you know the time frame within which the RFE reply has to be submitted?

Thanks

LSaspirant said:
Karan29,

Have you replied to your 140 RFE yet.
Also do you know the time frame within which the RFE reply has to be submitted?

Thanks

LSaspirant

What is your RFE about....I had LUD for all of my applications but no change in status so far....why do u think that you are having LUD changes on 485.

pallu2004 said:
LSaspirant

What is your RFE about....I had LUD for all of my applications but no change in status so far....why do u think that you are having LUD changes on 485.

pallu2004

My RFE was for some missing employer documents as told by my lawyer. He said no big deal. So I really dont know exactly what the RFE was for ?
I also dont know why I have LUD changes on my 485 application.
But after reading thru this forum I think LUD changes on 140 is not a good sign. But who knows strange are the ways of USCIS.
One thing which I have noticed is that normally Lab Sub cases have a greater chance for getting an RFE.
But I am NOT an expert.
Dont worry too much, everything will ok, just hang in there.

LSaspirant said:
pallu2004

My RFE was for some missing employer documents as told by my lawyer. He said no big deal. So I really dont know exactly what the RFE was for ?
I also dont know why I have LUD changes on my 485 application.
But after reading thru this forum I think LUD changes on 140 is not a good sign. But who knows strange are the ways of USCIS.
One thing which I have noticed is that normally Lab Sub cases have a greater chance for getting an RFE.
But I am NOT an expert.
Dont worry too much, everything will ok, just hang in there.

LSaspirant

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I checked with other members in forum and they said that LUDs on 485 is not a good sign. Chances of denial is very high in such cases. I am not sure what needs to be done....was wondering if i call then will that be prb....as such they do not inform anything on phone.

pallu2004 said:
LSaspirant

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I checked with other members in forum and they said that LUDs on 485 is not a good sign. Chances of denial is very high in such cases. I am not sure what needs to be done....was wondering if i call then will that be prb....as such they do not inform anything on phone.

Pallu2004,

Can you pls share where you saw these comments regarding LUD's on 485?

LSaspirant said:
Pallu2004,

Can you pls share where you saw these comments regarding LUD's on 485?

Few guys sent me it in PM and also when i check with United Nations in "Ability to Pay thread" he also wrote that it is bad news. but I should wait and see what happens.

I think we cannot do anything as far as knowing the status is concerned. my 1st GC was denied and sent to AAO. This is my 2nd GC and i dont have a good feelign about it.....gosh this is killing me.