how many days to see approval/RFE/denial after LUD change(s) for 140?

my lawyer sent RFE reply yesterday and it updated the system today saying that they received the info.

To my surprise, i see the same change (LUD & ONLINE MESG) to my 485 and my spouse 485 too?

Anybody have any idea why 485 LUD and mesg change when we send the RFE response for 140?

Please share your views

dazzling said:
If dates for both 485 and 140 are changing then it can mean approval also .. so hope for the best. I have seen several people on the message board who have had this pattern and then have got approval within 15 days to a month or so.

In my case both 140 and 485 dates changed twice and my FP were done 15 days before this happened and I thought approval was coming my way .. but guess what, my case got denied. So keep your fingers crossed and hope for best.
Greetings Friend..
I just remembered your posting and thought would like to write you.
my case is denied and i would be getting written notice within few days/weeks..
however thank you very much for the info and your good wishes..Heavens Bless us all..

Received an RFE on my I140 today ... not sure whats this RFE is about...mine is a substitution labor..

I140/I485 RD(Mar 04)
I485 LUD (11/29 FP recd, 12/14 no change in msg)
I140 LUD (12/28 no change in msg, 01/06/05 RFE ???)

Today I found out that they need my company's financial statements from date of filing of labor (2001 THRU 2003) and my W-2's aswell....is this a common query? I am using a substitution labor and they have quoted 48k in the original labor .... I am getting more than 48k but less than what the company filed the (ETA 750B -- labor substitution) do you think it might be a problem??? please advise :confused: :confused: ... what are they trying to establish????

Guys,

I noticed LUD changed for my I-140 on 01/07/05. So I guess I will have to wait for an RFE. Based on my situation, I expect an RFE for my W2's and Education Evaluation.

Will keep you updated with the latest news and also appreicate your valuable inputs for preparing for the RFE

Vermont Service Center I140/485/EB2 - Notice Date 01/02/2004
FP - 12/16/2004
485 LUD Changes: 12/21/2004 and 12/23/2004.
140 LUD changed 01/07/05.

A LUD on my case ....

Guys:

I applied for I140 using a subst Labor (See my signature) - Today I see a LUD on my case when I see the status.

The message has not changed - it says "We have received your I140 ....."

When should I see a change in status:
1. If a RFE when should I get it - will it be an email or postal-mail ?
2. If approval - when will i hear from USCIS - again will it be an email or postal mail ?

thanks,
msd_gc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay need to clarify some terms you guys are using.

LUD.....I guess this means "Last Updated Date".

And from the posts it seems we can find out if the LUD on our case has changed .But its not very clear how you can find that.
I have been looking at my case status for sometime and dont see any change in the textual matter that it spits out everytime.

Can somebody copy and paste the portion from their case status where they spcify that the LUD has changed.

neocor

msd_gc said:
Guys:

I applied for I140 using a subst Labor (See my signature) - Today I see a LUD on my case when I see the status.

2. If approval - when will i hear from USCIS - again will it be an email or postal mail ?

thanks,
msd_gc.

If you have created your profile @ https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp then you will receive an email for status change/approval/denial . For LUD's you will not receive any emails. By default there should be an communication thro' snail mail too.

anxious_gc said:
Guys,

I noticed LUD changed for my I-140 on 01/07/05. So I guess I will have to wait for an RFE. Based on my situation, I expect an RFE for my W2's and Education Evaluation.

Will keep you updated with the latest news and also appreicate your valuable inputs for preparing for the RFE

Vermont Service Center I140/485/EB2 - Notice Date 01/02/2004
FP - 12/16/2004
485 LUD Changes: 12/21/2004 and 12/23/2004.
140 LUD changed 01/07/05.

Anxious_gc:

Are you using a Subst Labor ? Why do you expect a RFE on your education ?

I got a LUD on my I140 today. I dont know what it will result in .... as the message has not changed. I am using a subst Labor (applied in Nov 2001) where requiremtns are 4 years Bachelors while I have a 3 yrs Bachelor + 2 yrs Masters and my attorney did not submit my W2s.

Keep posted on this thread as our LUDs are very close.

- msd_gc.

Hi Gurus,

Can someone please comment as to what I may expect based on the LUD changes as can be seen in my signature.

Thanks

I am getting a bit jittery now ....

msd_gc said:
Guys:

thanks,
msd_gc.

Guys can somebosy help me with this - Its been almost a week that my LUD has changed - no updates in status or no email ... what do you think should be the case with this pattern.

- msd_gc.

I-140 pending for 15 months with 2 LUDs till date...

Greets folks,

Filed under EB3 (labor substitute) at VSC ND 9/18/2003. So far have noticed 2 LUDS (see signature) with no communication from USCIS. Fully exhausted H1-B 6-year cap and currently on EAD expiring on April 2005.

Do you think I should keep my hopes alive ?

LUD and Denial

EB1A filed Sep 02 @ VSC. Dates changed on 12/02/04 and 1/11/05. Denial issued on 1/10/05. No message changes. Its still the same as a year back - we received your app .......

Goodluck to others who are waiting.

my 140 and 485 denied..
notice issued on Jan 11th, recieved on 14 or 15th.
niw case, denial says third prong(Labor issue) not satisfied..
had begun journey in 2002, got fooled by first employer,had no way and later began the niw preparation which took almost 12 months..
Best wishes &..Heavens Bless us all..
lud changes:
140(sept' 03)- 12/06, 12/07, 01/06/05, 1/07, 1/11, 1/12.
485(dec'03)- 11/04(fp &.processng), 11/10, 11/11, 12/06,12/07,01/06,01/07,1/11,1/12..

Devotee said:
my 140 and 485 denied..
notice issued on Jan 11th, recieved on 14 or 15th.
niw case, denial says third prong(Labor issue) not satisfied..
had begun journey in 2002, got fooled by first employer,had no way and later began the niw preparation which took almost 12 months..
Best wishes &..Heavens Bless us all..
lud changes:
140(sept' 03)- 12/06, 12/07, 01/06/05, 1/07, 1/11, 1/12.
485(dec'03)- 11/04(fp &.processng), 11/10, 11/11, 12/06,12/07,01/06,01/07,1/11,1/12..
Please see my post in the other thread you created. Best wishes.

dazzling said:
Please see my post in the other thread you created. Best wishes.
Dear Dazzling..
Thank you very much for your kindness and inspiration..i gratefully remember you having quickly answered my earlier queries regarding change of luds/140 issues, posted a month before regarding your analysis of the cases and i guess your analysis matched up rightly even though it was sad..the denial notice says about LC certificate waiver issue ( they address it as third prong), which is most common ground for denial of NIW cases..for which appeal/MTR doesn't really work, i read most of decisions by ins at the ins website http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/.../2004/index.htm and found most of them are denied/appeal dismissed again..so i know it is not of any use as most lawyers also say. But just with a Prayer to God, would appeal..
Best Wishes to all for a speedy approval..
Heavens Bless us ..

dazzling said:
Usually:
1. Approval should happen in about 7 days
2. RFE should come in about 3 weeks.
3. If 1 and 2 did not happen, then denial may come in 5-7 weeks.

Do you think that there is something in your case that could lead to a RFE/Denial (education or ability to pay issues etc)

Dazzling,

How would you classify my LUD? Just curious to know ur thoughts.. Coz my I140 is approved and there was a LUD on 01/10/2005. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

majestix said:
Dazzling,

How would you classify my LUD? Just curious to know ur thoughts.. Coz my I140 is approved and there was a LUD on 01/10/2005. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
I replied to your PM. Basically there are always two updates when the status changes. So the second LUD is almost always there. But now I have looked at your signature and see that your 140 dates is changing after it has been approved for some time. I dont know what these mean. Maybe they are relooking at your 140 to approve your 485.

dazzling said:
I replied to your PM. Basically there are always two updates when the status changes. So the second LUD is almost always there. But now I have looked at your signature and see that your 140 dates is changing after it has been approved for some time. I dont know what these mean. Maybe they are relooking at your 140 to approve your 485.

Dazzling,

Thanks for your inputs and appreicaite it. I would be really glad to see the approval... But I dont think USCIS will get rid of my file so easily :) . My 485 is not current and I have some time to wait to get my approval.

Thanks