How many days to recieve RFE

vamsi9901

Registered Users (C)
NSC issued an RFE on my case on Fe2nd. Does anyone out there who got RFE know how long it actually takes to via mail?
I called my lawyer today and he says he hasnt recieved it, and i am very doubtful!!

Follow- up

if you dont receive an RFE in two business week. Make sure you follow up with CIS through your Attorney - CIS goofed mine up and sent it to a different lawyer. But I think e'one should be following up with their lawyer constantly after knowing the RFE has been issued but hasnt been received.

Cheers!
Currys

RFE on Jan 31st. Still haven't recvd it.

vamsi9901 said:
NSC issued an RFE on my case on Fe2nd. Does anyone out there who got RFE know how long it actually takes to via mail?
I called my lawyer today and he says he hasnt recieved it, and i am very doubtful!!

Guys,

Did your online status get updated upon RFE?. If yes does the message say an RFE was issued?.

I'm waiting for my Wife's 485. Her online LUD gets updated everyday but no status updates.

Who receives the RFE, applicant/attorney?

Friends, who is supposed to receive the RFE on I-485, the applicant, the attorney, or both?

Good Question

I for one is not able to figure out this, from other posts in this forum i can see applicants getting RFE directly.
I havent got any thing from NSC so far. I live in kansas city area and it shouldnt take more than a week, i checked mail today and there is nothing there. I will update again tomorrow evening.

same here RFE issued 2/4/05

We got RFE issued on feb 4th but haven't recieved it yet. But LUD updated again on Feb 7th. Will update again if we receive it tomorrow.

If you have a lawyer, they will get the RFE. Usually it will take 6-7 days minimum once the status message changes. We got it in 8 days after the status change.

Update abt RFE's

Hello All,
My Attorney just emailed about the RFE we got.They returned both of our medical exams b/c the doctor neglected to sign them. And they asked us to take these back to the doctor and get them signed and resend them to USCIS.
I am happy( yet furious abt the doctor) as this is a simple RFE.
Rfes were generated on feb 4th and lawyer received it today.

good luck to you guys

Sorry for reposting this in this thread

sp, thanks for update. Where is your lawyer located? i am trying to estimate the duration depending on location.

rfe issued 1/27 received 2/08 by attorney

Hi,
I did not get a "courtesy copy" of the RFE - only lawyer got it. It took 12 days (8 business days).

same here

I did not get the courtesy copy, only attorney got the RFE.

Another questions, can i put my RFE response and wife's RFE response in one envelope and send it to BCIS and also we can only do USPS mail right?
please let me know

Maybe the end is in sight.

Got my RFE today from my lawyer (Feb 16). It was mailed out from the USCIS on February 4, 2005.

rfe recieved

finally was able to get rfe from lawyer on 2/15, rfe was issued on 2/2
rfe is for employment letter

Planet3rd said:
Friends, who is supposed to receive the RFE on I-485, the applicant, the attorney, or both?
It depends on how the 485 application is filed. When my attorney filed my 485, she had 2 sets signed by me. One as applicant and the other authorizing her to act on my behalf. She did the same right from I-140, EAD, AP etc... So any correspondence from INS comes to both of us.

Hope that answers your question. vamsi9901- Glad you finally got the RFE.