How many days INS is taking in sending EAD(renewal) receipt these days?

gc_cal

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody,

I sent my documents for EAD renewal on Dec7, 02 and Ins has already encash my cheque on dec 12, 02.

Please tell me how many days Ins will take in sending EAD receipt these days???

Thanks and good luck to everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mailed my application on Dec.9. INS cashed my check on Dec. 16. I received receipt on Dec. 18. The notice date is Dec. 13, receive date is Dec. 11. I renewed EAD by myself, not attorney.
This is my information.

EAD expired b4 we get Renwal of EAD

Hi every one, do you have any idea what will happen if EAD expire b4 i get renewal of the EAD in my hand??

Can I still work on old ead if i get the receipt of renewal of EAD in mail.

Please help ASAP.

No.

As far as I know, you cannot work on an expired EAD. The receipt for renewal is no good for working.

You can try to get an iEAD if it has been 90 days since you applied for EAD.

**This is not a legal advise - Consult your attorney for that**

EAD renewel: What all are required?

Hi, I485andI824
I would really appreciate if you could let me know what all documnets are required to renew the EAD by yourself.

Thanks

I mailed:
1. two photos ( write name and A# in the back)
2. $120 Check
3. I-765 form
4. receipt (when you received your EAD card, they gave you a piece of paper used for renew EAD)
5. I-94 copy.

You can also refer others thread.

My attorney says, as long you have the receipt of renewal EAD, you can continue to work at the same place that you are working now.

??

Junior says " My attorney says, as long you have the receipt of renewal EAD, you can continue to work at the same place that you are working now."

Can someone else confirm this please? I don't think this is true. If this was the case, why would so many people try to get iEAD??

I would be interested in a confirmation myself. But there are multiple reasons why people go for iEAD, spouses can go to work on iEAD, people can switch jobs based upon iEAD while waiting for their EAD to come through etc. Hence the demand of iEAD outside of the primary applicant continuing to work.

I really wish they would give EAD's that are valid as long as the 485 application is pending. It has been 3 months since I applied for my EAD and haven't received it as yet. But when I get it, it will be back dated to when I applied, effectively giving me less than 7 - 8 months on it, but since it takes 5 months to get a new EAD in any case, I might actually end up applying for a renewal before I get my EAD in hand. Freaking stupid asses! What can I say?

140_takes_4ever

"But there are multiple reasons why people go for iEAD, spouses can go to work on iEAD"

--Spouse can get iEAD for her/himself

"people can switch jobs based upon iEAD while waiting for their EAD to come through etc"

--People can switch jobs on any EAD

"I really wish they would give EAD's that are valid as long as the 485 application is pending"

--Excellent idea, only INS doesn't get it

"But when I get it, it will be back dated to when I applied, effectively giving me less than 7 - 8 months on it"

-Not true, the new EAD will be valid from the day it is approved. So you can work for almost one year on the new EAD.

--Spouse can get iEAD for her/himself

That is what I meant, spouse goes for iEAD so she/he can start working.

--People can switch jobs on any EAD

Only true if they have an EAD. If they don't then they need atleast an iEAD before they switch jobs.

I was trying to put forward reasons why people would go for iEAD as compared to work on receipt.

--Not true, the new EAD will be valid from the day it is approved. So you can work for almost one year on the new EAD.

I hope this is true. It wasn't so in the case of my AP, which came a few weeks ago. It was back dated 2 months from the time I applied. Also, the EAD that I received as part of my OPT was backdated as well, I got it 6 months after I applied and I had it effective for 6 months only as it is valid for only 1 year.

Hi! jgeorgia

Sorry... didnt check the forum till today... (01/02/2003)

I don't mind giving the details of my attorney, but is this a right place to talk about attorneys other than from immigration.com?

junior