How many days after the Stamping does the Plastic card arrive?

gc478

Registered Users (C)
How many days after the Stamping does the Plastic card arrive? I plan to get the stamping done this Wednesday.

Thank You

Sorry forgot to mention Vermont Service Center

My case was filed in Vermont Service Center

I got it after about two weeks (Stamped in April 6, 2004, Card sent out April 16, 2004, recieved April 20, 2004). I think VSC is going faster on the plastic card.

NJ slow

I did my stamping at NJ in last week of Feb-04 and yet to receive the card, I guess NJ sucks in all the fields.

I & My wife got our passport's stamped in August 2003. In Spe tember 2003, I relocated to another place. Both of us have submitted form G-731V to give the new address where we wanted the Plastic cards be sent. My wife got her card in Oct 2003, Iam still waiting. Last week I sent another G-731V to inquire on the status of the plastic card.

What number do you use to get status on card?

I did my pp stamping last week and was told that I would get another number to track the pastic card status when I asked the officer if I would use my I-485 receipt number to get status. I haven't seen any status change on the I-485 receipt number nor have I received any notice about the card... Please share your experience.

got plastic!

did my stamping march 23 and got the card yesterday - may 3rd in the mail! the journey is finally over.

Originally posted by saisiree
I relocated to another place. Both of us have submitted form G-731V to give the new address where we wanted the Plastic cards be sent. My wife got her card in Oct 2003, Iam still waiting. Last week I sent another G-731V to inquire on the status of the plastic card.

Do we have to submit G-731V for change of address, I didn't know this. I've changed my address immediately after stamping (just a day after) and sent AR-11.

Can you confirm this?

did stamping in Chicago - they said it'll take 10-12 months

I am all set for the long wait ... it doesn't matter. All I wanted was the stamp (which looks so 'ordinary')!

vidongre,
You are right. The stamp is so ordinary. I asked the guy who stamped my passport same thing and that it does not mention 'United States' anywhere. All he replied to me was that no other country puts this kind of stamps on the passport. So don't worry about it.
I got my passport stamped on 3/29 but no GC yet. I expect it soon.
Thanks
-TRISAM

I got my passport stamped on April 13th...

Waiting.....

Hi gurus any body any clue…. Can we travel to Canada with stamping?

Do we need to get visiting visa?

Thanks in advance.

Any trackers for plastic card?

Just wanted to update you guys about the passport stamping experience at Baltimore. Reached the Hopkin's Plaza( federal building) at about 8:00. There were about 60-70 people waiting ahead of us. By stroke of luck, a security official called couple of guys including us and made us go through another line for security checks. Anyways, we reached inside the room at 8:10 and took the number. At 8:25 my wife was called and 8:27 I was called. The official at the counter took the 2 ADIT style photos, I485 Approval letters and theI-94s and stamped the passports. Also she got two fingerprints and told us that it would take 6-9 months for us to get the physical card. It barely took couple of minutes. By 8:30 we were out of the building.

Any trackers that you can suggest? If there isnt one then can we start one?

time between stamping and plastic card

It depends on service centers. For NSC, it takes three weeks to get GC after stamping.

Re: What number do you use to get status on card?

Originally posted by Jan485
I did my pp stamping last week and was told that I would get another number to track the pastic card status when I asked the officer if I would use my I-485 receipt number to get status. I haven't seen any status change on the I-485 receipt number nor have I received any notice about the card... Please share your experience.

You are supposed to receive a welcome notice (I-181). There is a receipt number for you to track your card status. The I-485 receipt number does not work.

Where and when do you get the "welcome" notice? I have not received any I-181 since we got our PPs stamped in mid-February.

Passport stamped on 3/8/04 at Federal Plaza.
Received the card on 4/6/04 with 2 welcome letters.

My lawyer told me it would take at least one year but I got it within a month. I could not believe it. :D