How many AP do we receive?

proteinpeptide

Registered Users (C)
I have received two AP (two identical copies of I-512L, Authorization for parole of an Alien into the US) in one mail envelop from USCIS. Is this normal? Do they take one copy at POE? This is the first time I'm getting AP. If I'm suppose to receive only one copy of AP, Should I inform USCIS?

Please help.

Thanks.

My attorney sent me just one AP(one each for my wife and myself).I never received anything directly from USCIS.

Received 3 AP's

Hi,

My attorney received 3 AP documents from USCIS. I have friends who received 3 copies as well.

I don't understand why some people get three, two or just one. I am told when we enter using AP, they take away one original. If any body has traveled using AP, please post your experience here. Thank you.

I have received two AP (two identical copies of I-512L, Authorization for parole of an Alien into the US) in one mail envelop from USCIS. Is this normal? Do they take one copy at POE? This is the first time I'm getting AP. If I'm suppose to receive only one copy of AP, Should I inform USCIS?

Please help.

Thanks.

You should always get 3 copies of the AP. They are all identical.
You need all three while reetering the country.
The immigration officer will stamp one of them when you reenter.
He/She will return all three copies to you.

The last time I travelled was in May and I haven't heard of any changes since.

Why do we need 3 AP's

Rasmeek and others,

Thanks for your responses. After all these answers, matter becomes more confusing. Why do we need three AP's, if immigration officer at POE going to stamp one and return all three back. We can use same stamped AP again to reenter, right? If yes, then why do we need three?

Why some of us getting only one and others getting two or three? Why USCIS is doing this?

Please anyone, who has experience of using AP for multiple times, shed some light on this issue.

Thanks.

thyramax,

did you you mean that you received total of 4 AP's (2 for yourself and 2 for your wife) or 2 AP's (one for yourself and one for your wife)?

Other gurus, please shed some light.

How many times can we enter US by AP? Does it mean 3 copies for 3 entries? 1 copy for 1 entry?

Last edited by a moderator:

Please help.

Thanks.

I received three copies and took them all when I travel just in case the POE decided to keep one

You should always get 3 copies of the AP. They are all identical.
You need all three while reetering the country.
The immigration officer will stamp one of them when you reenter.
He/She will return all three copies to you.

The last time I travelled was in May and I haven't heard of any changes since.

That exactly what happened when I travelled.

I cannot understand why we just cannot have a stamp in our passorts instead of these documents.

Also the AP is only valid for one year and if passport was stamped could last until your approved or denied adjustment of status

But then again, thats just common sense, the US do not have any

My lawyer got the AP copies and forwarded it to me. In all we got 2 copies of AP for me and 2 copies for my wife. We had opted for multiple entries. I think you get 1 copy if you opted single entry and 2 copies if you opted multiple entry. This is just my experience i am sharing with all. Hope this helps

I also got two copies, which are valid for multiple entries. Why some people have three copies of AP?

If anyone knows the rule regarding copy numbers of AP, please help.

I have 3 copies for multiple entry AP. There is no limit on the number of times you can travel with the multiple enrty AP within the time specified on the document. It is a year for pending 485.
When I reentered the second time, the officer cancelled the first stamp and put a new one next to it. The other 2 AP's are still blank.
I checked with some friends and they all have 3 copies of AP.

Rasmeek