How many AOS interviews are there?

ell_emm

Registered Users (C)
My Notice of Action says 'Initial Interview'. Does that means they will call us again for the next round with some more proofs or we have to wait for 2 years for second interview ?

It's your interview for your GC. All interview letters say the same thing. If the officer satisfied with you then you'll get approved. Otherwise you might have to go to the second interview. Mostlikely you get approved if you have all complete documents they asked and your marriage seems like a bona fide marriage.

If you marriage less than 2 years, you only get conditional GC meaning you have to remove the condition. There are still a chance they ask you for the interview but usually they don't. So good luck.

Thanks Mike for the reply

After a month of our marriage, we are expecting a baby. Now My concern remains is my wife's due date should not coincide with the interview date. Fingers crossed.

Let 's hope not :) If you're expecting a baby it's even better. Most likely they will approved you right away. If you got your baby before the interview, bring your baby birth certificate. That is a solid proof that your marriage is for real.

When you got your conditional GC, to remove it, one of the documents needed is the birth cert of your child, and you shouldn't have a problem. :) So again good luck and congrats. Let us know the interview experience here in this forum.

Please don't worry that you will be torn between the labor room and the AOS interview, or that your beloved will give birth in the INS office or some other catastrophe! If I was you, I would send a registered letter explaining that your wife is imminently due to give birth and that you would like to postpone the interview until a month and half after the EDD to avoid any such problems. If you are really worried take an infopass appt. and ask what to do!