How long???

aabraham

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm a USC and have applied for my parents(I-130) yesterday(08/25/05). I've checked the California service center processing date and it says Feb 2005. I've read somewhere that after the petition gets approved in the service center it'll go to NVC so now my question is what does the Feb 2005 date represent? Is that the date of pettition getting approved? or is that the end of the whole process? Like getting a date for parents interview? If the second guess is true then how long does it take from the time California service center sends the application to NVC to when we'll get an interview date? I'd really appreciate if anybody can help me. Thank you.

aabraham

The date on the service center websites are the processing times for only the I-130. Once that is processed, the info gets sent to NVC. If your parents are not in the US, they will receive paperwork from NVC along with you. This can take some time (the approval letter that I recently got for my parents, it says if they dont here anything from them in 90 days to contact NVC)

My parents are not in US. So based on the previous post the whole process will take about 9 months- 1 year. Is this correct?

my husband filed the I130 for his parents in october of 2003. they are in morocco and he is a us citizen. INS is still processing their applications. He filed with Vermont service center and they are now beginning to process ...i cant remember...like may or june..of this year..something like that...HOW LONG DOES THE PROCESS TAKE ??? Jeepers, i think i can even process a bit faster than that :D ARGH!!!! He did go talk to an immigration officer today in Fairfax Virginia, so i will post once i hear what he/she had to say!

what is the wait time since???

thanks in advance!

I think you should've talked to INS earlier. If you have filed oct 2003 and now they are processing may 2005 it means your application date was current a long time ago and they should have some answers to what happened to your case. good luck and keep us informed.

I've noticed that one of the checks has been cashed yesterday(Sep 1,2005). I sent two seperate I-130 applications one for each parent and two checks. One of the checks cashed yesterday but not the other one! I haven't received any NOA or anything from USCIS too. Should I be worried? How long it takes to get the first NOA?

aabraham said:
I've noticed that one of the checks has been cashed yesterday(Sep 1,2005). I sent two seperate I-130 applications one for each parent and two checks. One of the checks cashed yesterday but not the other one! I haven't received any NOA or anything from USCIS too. Should I be worried? How long it takes to get the first NOA?

Have some patience. You get NOA usually in 10 working days. You should be getting them anytime next week.

update

I just wanted to update on my husbands appt with an immigration officer last monday. He filed the I 130 applications for his parents Oct. 2003. He called the ins in late june and they sent him a letter saying that the processing takes longer now a days..... anyways, the officer told him that he didnt know what is taking so long, (he didnt seem to know anything more than the phone people) and sent an email to someone asking whats going on. This is in fairfax virginia office and we filed with the vermont service center.

Can someone tell me how long it took for their PARENT to get theirs? I dont want a guess, something concrete, so we get an idea how long this processing takes. NOT FOR A SPOUSE...for a parent...

thanks!
tamie