How long will your employer wait for you?

dinsand

Registered Users (C)
I don't know how different my situation is. But I am not currently working for my petitioner-employer. Have never worked with them before. Will only start after I get the visa. I am not in the USA and have not been since we started the LC process. When the lawyer estimated roughly 9-15 months to GC, it's getting close to that point and looks like it'll go past that.

Currently my papers are with NVC , just finished paying the fee bill. Anyway, my employer seems patient and understanding of the whole process. The lawyer tries to explain it all to them. But, they are understaffed and need me to start right away. I am wondering - to all those who are in similar situation, has your petitioner/employer dropped you because of how long the visa is taking? And what happens to you if they did? Just wondering.

dinsand

Same boat

Hi Dinsand,

I am in the same boat, started the process last summer. My employer is also understaffed and he was not happy about the July Visa Bulletin mess up.

What month and year your PD is from? When was your case created by the NVC?

My case is at NVC since late July, but other than creating the file they did nothing. (EB2, ROW) One more month has been wasted.

Zolt

Hi Zolt

I also started the GC process last summer. My PD is Dec 2006 (EB2 Philippines) and my case was created in June. Still at the NVC. The lawyer already received and paid the fee bill. It's ridiculous the time it is taking them to mail things. You can see my case at cptracker.com. I update it whenever I can but the lawyer gets all the stuff first, so my info there is a bit late.

Although the Sept VB makes me current I don't think the NVC will finish processing my case then. And who knows what the succeeding VBs will look like for my category? My estimate for all this to be done is January or February 2008. If there is another visa fiasco, well, I'd really be in trouble.

I am just thinking what understaffed employer would wait this long for an employee? We started this process a year ago. How much more time can they keep the position vacant? I have not heard from them and the lawyer explains everything. I hope they can continue to be patient.

dinsand

October

Hi Dinsand,

Thanks for the information. I heard that the october bulletin should be the same or a bit better than the september one (AILA's prediction based on government sources), so hopefully we will not be cut off. My PD is from 9/2006.

Did you check your case status at NVC's automated system? My one keeps saying that my case was created in July, nothing else. I did not receive anything (no lawyer), yet.

Zolt