how long will it take?

ER N

Registered Users (C)
my I-94 just expired last month (late september 08) and got the I-797C notice of action (I539 type) a few days later to extend my H4.

when can i expect a renewed I-94 because i knda need it to apply for Florida Bright Futures scholarship to pay for college.

the uscis.gov processing are for 2008. Can someone at least give me a good estimation of how long will it take for the I-94's to arrive. Thanks :D

oh also... is it possible for me to get a driver's license with just a Notice of Action in Florida?

my I-94 just expired last month (late september 08) and got the I-797C notice of action (I539 type) a few days later to extend my H4.
----------------------------your H4 based I-94 expired late september 08 and you filed H4 extension before your I-94 expiry date. you got H4 extension filing reciept. did you also got your H4 extension approval notice? new extended I-94 will be attached with H4 extension approval notice.

when can i expect a renewed I-94 because i knda need it to apply for Florida Bright Futures scholarship to pay for college.

the uscis.gov processing are for 2008. Can someone at least give me a good estimation of how long will it take for the I-94's to arrive. Thanks :D
-------------------check the Service center processing dates
oh also... is it possible for me to get a driver's license with just a Notice of Action in Florida?
---------------I dont know. Check the Florida DMV or MVS site or go to them.
-------------

The I-94 expired the same day as they received the application for extension. the notice date on the I-797C I539 type is 2 days later. We have not received anything after we got the I-797C Notice of Action.

your H4 based I-94 expired late september 08 and you filed H4 extension before your I-94 expiry date. you got H4 extension filing reciept. did you also got your H4 extension approval notice? new extended I-94 will be attached with H4 extension approval notice

if the reciept ur talking about is the I-797C Notice of Actions I539 type, then yes I do have that.

I have not gotten an H4 extension approval notice. When can I expect this to come?
According to the UCIS website, using the online case status check, it is still pending.
Current Status: Case received and pending.
Am I suppose to get anything from them soon?

Also, Am I lawfully present in the US with my I-94 expired?? I have a Notice of Action saying that ive applied for renewal tho....

pls take not that I am only 18 years old and im doing my research myself because my parents done know either.

Last edited by a moderator:
an extension for my I-94 just came in today
the extension is for only 1 year... this is the third time I have renewed.

Still waiting for an approval for Permanent residency.
I am hoping that that will get approved soon before this extended I-94 expire.
Wish me luck!! :D