How long will it take to get EAD card?

Who_Loves_BCIS

Registered Users (C)
By checking my second EAD renew case (WAC-03-134-xxxxx) online, it says "On June 16, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready. " However, until today, I didn't recieve my EAD card yet. Does anybody have same problem? How long will it take from the approval date to the date you receive the EAD card?

Thanks

It is normal, my ead was approved 4 weeks ago and I got the card 3 days ago. So you just have to wait I guess
:eek:

My ead wac is wac-03-088-5xxxx

status change

The online status will change to mailed approval notice...that is
when your card is mailed...u shd receive it within a week
after that. June 13th approvals were mailed on Jun 19(my wifes
case)...June 16th are not yet done....am still waiting for the card.

Just went through this - the EAD card was mailed about 10 -12 days after it was approved - I was approved in 6/4 - had the card by 6/20. The message does change once the card is mailed.

good luck!

waiting since 6/14

Hi,
I am in the same boat. I have been waiting for the card also.
I saw some other person in another thread mention he got approved on 6/13 and got the card by 6/19!! Some people are lucky!

Here is my experience:

6/10/2003 got approved and card ordered
6/20/2003 approval mailed
6/23/2003 EAD card received

a funny anecdote regarding EAD

The EAD card works in mysterious ways. When i was in college and about to graduate, my practical training card arrived 3 mos late. At that time it was taking around 3-4 weeks. The International Admissions Advisor said the laminating machine had broken down at the company that has the subcontract with INS to make the cards, hence the delay. And i don't think she was joking because the subject matter wasn't funny!

That was my first exposure to the goings on in INS and after 6 long years, I don't see any evidence of things changing or improving. So who knows, maybe the machine broke down again.