how long usually take to get GC afer interview

It seems from the experiences of people posting here in the forum, if 485 is approved at the time of interview, it could take upto an average of two months to recieve GC in hand. Some people have gotten in about two weeks, while for others it took more than that.

It seems you have to ask I-551 stamp if the officer does not explicitly stamp incase you are approved at the interview. With the stamp, you can travel in and out. What I dont know is for how long the stamp is valid. May be people who actually got stamp would be able to tell better

It's impossible to say for certain. You may be stuck in namecheck for a while. Just bring everything requested on the interview notice with you, and if approved, ask the DAO for an I-551 passport stamp.

They can let you know if your approved but they dont have to ..I had my interview 10/27/06 I was approved but was stuck in name check

did they told you that you have been approved after the interview? and did you gave you an stemp?

485 interview

I just wonder whether anyone experiencing during the 1-485 interview that time the officer will request to see an original copy of the certificate of naturalization or a copy of it. My copy was given to Passport Dept when i applied for a US passport and my interview is on next month.

Note that even if you are approved and ask for a passport stamp, doesn't mean you will get it. I asked for one and was told quite firmly "we don't do that any more, you'll get your card in 2 weeks" (was actually 2 months, but whatever).

certificate will be send back...

I just wonder whether anyone experiencing during the 1-485 interview that time the officer will request to see an original copy of the certificate of naturalization or a copy of it. My copy was given to Passport Dept when i applied for a US passport and my interview is on next month.

K:

Well... depending on the service you chose for your passport, it should be back just before your interview. Passports on average take 6 weeks, and they do send back your certificate of naturalization with your new passport. You don't need both at the interview, either one will be fine. :cool:

So... just relax, but if you don't see your passport 2 weeks before the interview, call the passport hotline, and find out what is going on. In most cases, they will be able to get you the correct information and ensure that your passport is on time.:rolleyes:

When applying for your passport as a naturalized citizen, the certificate is needed by the state department and they only accept original, and will send it back to you once they are done. Actually, passport issuance is one of the most efficient service provided by a US bureaucracy, in my experience...:D

did they told you that you have been approved after the interview? and did you gave you an stemp?

yes they told me I was approved at the interview but everything was pending name check clearing so no stamp had to wait for the pffical approval which didnt come till feb/07

I received the welcome letter yesterday, am I still going to get an email stating card production ordered or will the GC just be mailed??