how long to wait for physical RFE notice before panicing?

praytx

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am the primary 485 applicant and my case is approved. My wife's 485 case was issued a RFE on 6/23/05 but we still have not received the physical notice. What is the 'average' wait time before getting the RFE physically in hand?

How much time does one have to respond to a RFE? is it 90 days?

Also, my wife's EAD was applied on 5/26/05...there was LUD on 5/26, 6/1, 6/16 and nothing since then. As per the AILA site, as of 6/30, TSC is processing EAD as of 6/13/05. What does all this mean?

anyone has similar experience?

good luck to all.

It usually takes a week

praytx,

My lawyer received the RFE on my wifes case a week after the email was sent to us by USCIS. Please note that your lawyer will be receiving the RFE and not you. Please check with him/her to see if it has already arrived. It has taken a few weeks for some people. I would wait another week and then try to get more information.

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
saras76,

my case was handled by the company lawyer which has been approved. however, i applied for my wife's 485 on my own. so the RFE should come to us directly for her case right?

also do you know how much time does one have to respond to a RFE? is it 90 days?

thanks.

I received an RFE for AP application (it was for photos). The actual RFE letter (post office stamp) was sent 2 weeks after the message changed. The RFE said I have 12 weeks to respond.

I sent photos with the original filing, but I thought they slipped or dropped or something. The funny thing is that they approved the AP but used the original photos not the new ones.

too_long,
... all the weird ways TSC frustrates applicants! I can't imagine what the guy/gal who approved AP was thinking! Bunch of people with dead brain.

saras,

how would I try to get more information as you suggest? I called the 800 number but i keep on getting an automated message saying that 'due to technical difficulty, they cannot provide me with any information' and i also do not get prompted to talk to a CSR. so at this point, the only recourse I have is to write to TSC...any other ideas?

also what address should I write to for TSC?

thanks.