how long to receive work permit?

eagle80

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

my work permit is expired and my new employer stated that I must have a valid work permit if I'm not a GC holder. how long does it usually take to receive my new work permit?

show him your approval letter . you dont need a workpermit .

I told them that I have an approval letter and I-94 but they require all employmee to have either GC or work permit,that's how they understand the low I won't argue with them.

Check out this memo from USCIS. It states clearly that you don't need a working permit.
Hope it works.
Suerte

thanks colombian for the effort.

I know that we don't need work permit,I haven't renewed my work permit since 2004 and I was working with no problem.but as I mentioned before these are the rules of my new job, yes they are wrong,yes they don't know the low but it's hard for me to change their rules so I have no choice but to renew my work permit.

It takes like three months or so, but as always you could be lucky and it can be as fast as three weeks.
Good luck.
:)

can I get a refund

Hello,

I have sent my I-765 application last week but today I got an email saying that they ordered my green card and I should receive it withing 30 days, so I won't need my work permit. can I call UCSIS and cancel my work permit application and ask for a refund? or CIS never gives refund?