How long to receive RTD notice?

sadasylee

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I mailed out my RTD application on 06/28/2005. My check has been cashed by USCIS. I have NOT received the notice letter yet.

When can I get the notice letter? How long does it take? They took my money but gives me nothing as of today.

Thanks

sadasylee said:
Hi,

I mailed out my RTD application on 06/28/2005. My check has been cashed by USCIS. I have NOT received the notice letter yet.

When can I get the notice letter? How long does it take? They took my money but gives me nothing as of today.

Thanks

ur receipt is in the mail. However,call them by the end of the month if not recvd yet.

I cannot believe how slow they are in processing RTD. My receipt date is April second and they are still preocessing february receipts. I plan to travel in August !

sadasylee -

From my experience, it usually takes any where from 2 - 4 weeks to receive the receipt.

Cashing your check is a very good sign as it implies your application was complete and has been accepted and a record created. If it were not complete, they would have mailed your entire application back (including the check).

Write down the LIN# from the back of your cashed check and sign up for a portfolio on cis.gov. This allows you to check when they last updated your file.

wy007 said:
I never received my i485 receipt while they charged the money

I would definitely try to track down the cashed check. The LIN # is usually on the back of the check. You should then write a letter to the Director of Nebraska's office. You can find the address on www.uscis.gov

Basically it is your write to have a notice/reciept and without it - it will be difficult to prove you have an application pending.

I wrote a letter to the address where I filed the application, but nothing appears so far.